***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #8 RB Alvin Kamara***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Alvin Kamara, All-Purpose RB, 5-10 / 197 / 4.5 40yd dash

Overview: Greased lightning.

What he brings: In short, he’s plug & play (ready to play at a high level right now). Named the 2012 Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Player of the Year, Kamara amassed well over 2000 yards and 26 TDs rushing. He finds a hole and gets to it quickly. Even when a defender has an angle on him, he just blows right past them. There’s no fancy footwork, no juke moves, or spins. He just runs right by people. We tried this year not to compare these guys to former players as it’s not fair to either party, but this young man is a Glen Coffee clone. He has excellent hands out of the backfield, and he’s very, very good in pass protection. So again, he’s ready right now.

Most likely destination this season: Perhaps the role that Kenyan Drake had last season, as the finisher in blowouts.

This is a photo of Alvin holding 105 recruiting letters that Alabama sent to him in ONE day. Once you watch the highlights below, you'll understand why.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
He seems more like a Shaun Alexander type. Has great break away speed, power and great cuts. He has it all. That's why I thought Alvin would get touches even before Henry. AK can also pass protect and catch passes out of the backfield. My only concern about AK is the way he carries the ball. It is really swinging a lot. An easy fix, but i wonder how many times he fumbled the ball.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Reggie Bush lite.

Line him up at TB or WR on any given play. Best receiving pure tailback I have seen in HS I'm a long while.

Bush was 6'0, 195 at USC starting out. Kamara is 5'10 , 197 (according to above). No scat back here.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
he doesnt have the strength of Coffee and definately not Harvin. Harvin was one of the strongest players on the Gators squad. reminds me of a leaner, more athletic Marquis Maze.
I agree Harvin was a player to his own. Honestly he could have been the top tailback in the country if that's how he was used. I'll be honest it wouldn't be harder to be a leaner marquis maze if you are a DI athlete.

Kamara to me is a great talent that will find a way to make plays either at Rb or as a slot receiver.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You can tell he has great instinct and has been well coached. He hits the hole hard and his speed allows him to get through holes and break arm tackles when he accelerates. He is going to add a missing dimension to our offense and can't wait to see how the staff decides to utilize his talents.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.