***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #7 RB Altee Tenpenny***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Altee Tenpenny, RB, 6-0 / 212 / 4.5 40yd dash

Overview: Big time playmaker out of the backfield, with good speed and great size

What he brings: Strong looking running back with deceptive speed and really good size. He can be an incredible back, but at this point he relies entirely too much on his speed. He’s in love with finding the perimeter. Even if the middle is wide open, he hits the hole looks for the closest sideline and runs toward it. He’ll have to get used to running inside to be the great back that he, no doubt, has the potential to be.

Most likely destination this season: Due to the logjam at RB, probably a redshirt season

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: ***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #8 RB Altee Tenpenny***

He's 7. I'll change it. But really, you wouldn't go wrong with it either/or

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

I don't know that I necessarily agree that he's seemingly afraid of contact. You can't base things on one play but I remember in the Army AA game in January, he ran a toss sweep, got hit like 3 times with some vicious licks, kept his balance and still got 3-4 yards. Tough kid.

There's going to be some VERY tough, stiff competition to see which ones out of Jones/Tenpenny/Kamara isn't redshirted.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

With Henry getting injured, he may be the one who gets redshirted first. not because of lack of talent, but just to have some extra healing time.
Tenpenny reminds me a little of Dennis Riddle. I think he is a solid back. Probably a redshirt this year though.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I don't know that I necessarily agree that he's seemingly afraid of contact. You can't base things on one play but I remember in the Army AA game in January, he ran a toss sweep, got hit like 3 times with some vicious licks, kept his balance and still got 3-4 yards. Tough kid.

There's going to be some VERY tough, stiff competition to see which ones out of Jones/Tenpenny/Kamara isn't redshirted.
Who said that?

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

With Henry getting injured, he may be the one who gets redshirted first. not because of lack of talent, but just to have some extra healing time.
Tenpenny reminds me a little of Dennis Riddle. I think he is a solid back. Probably a redshirt this year though.
no way Henry is getting a RS

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

Tenpenny is actually a lot like Yeldon. The only real difference is that TJ will drag guys at the end like Trent used to do, Altee is looking more for the home run. He will compliment Henry nicely over the years.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

I think Tenpenny is the next Lacy. They are very similar in size and talent. They both came in with another heralded RB (Trent in '09 and Henry in '13), and I think Tenpenny will redshirt and use it to his advantage just like Lacy did. I see big things from him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.