***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #4 DE/OLB Jonathan Allen***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Jonathan Allen, DE/OLB, 6-3 / 263 / 4.5

Overview: Perfect Jack Linebacker

What he brings: Speed. Quickness. Violence. Sure tackling. Allen finished his high school career with 308 tackles and 48 sacks. Anticipates snap counts and is in the backfield before the ball is. And he destroys the ball carrier with extreme violence when he gets there. He’s big and skilled enough to play with his hands down and in front of an offensive tackle, but he’ll most likely start out at the Jack Linebacker position. His versatility makes him a very attractive prospect because he can be used in multiple packages.

Most likely destination this season: Will almost definitely play some this season.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Hightower reincarnated. Scary.
More like a more athletic Upshaw to me. I actually think he will grow into a DE, but will be a pass rushing threat anywhere. You figure a 263 solid muscle 18 year old will mature into the 280 area, which is more like a 34 end, unless we morph into even more of a 4-3, to fit the athletes we have.

This gets away from Allen, but the great thing about the Saban/Smart Ds is that we have had the personell to play 4-3, 3-4, and even 3-1-7 and it all operates like the first unit. I am certain that Saban pitches in recruiting that we have 15 starters on defense and it is so true (base 344 plus a DT, pass coverage LB, star and money DBs).

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
This guys highlights are unreal. I remember watching it a few months ago and seeing him suplex two guys. He suplexed a QB as the QB was finishing out his play fake it was unbelievable how fast he was on him. The description of him as violent seem very very accurate.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
He reminds me most of Lavar Arrington. Not a Bama player, but that's who kept popping up in my head while watching this footage.

Edit: Seems they have similar measurables as of right now. Slightly heavier (and perhaps a touch slower) than Arrington, but anywho...

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
He seems bigger than what i thought. I also think he turns into a DE eventually. He could play JAck this year if he doesn't gain too much weight. love his motor. As thin as we are in the Jack and DE this year, he could get some legit playing time.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.