***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #3 LB Reuben Foster***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reuben Foster, ILB, 6-1 / 240 / 4.6 40yd dash

Overview: Once in a generation type talent between the white lines that needs to keep it together between the ears to reach his full potential.

What he brings: Alabama takes a backseat to nobody when it comes to producing linebackers. Foster has the talent to be considered among the best of the best. Watching his as a sophomore, you almost felt like he could excel in the college game at that time. 112 tackles as a sophomore. 184 (!!!!) as a junior. He owns the field from sideline to sideline. He doesn’t take long to read a play and when he gets there, the ball carrier ALWAYS goes down…immediately and violently. He could be exposed in pass coverage, which is something he’ll have to work on. He has the chance to spend a year under CJ Mosley’s tutelage, and we hope he takes full advantage of it. If he does, he has the chance to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan, Ryans, Thomas, Bennett, and McClain.

Most likely destination this season: Almost definitely a shoe-in for punt and kick coverage. May find room for a few snaps in the regular rotation in the middle of the season.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Terrible public speaker, not even in great shape, but BORN to play football. Surest bet to play in the NFL from this class. Makes me think of Boss Bailey

I just hope the lights come on while at Bama i.e. works hard in class, works out hard, etc. I just have this fear that he's a guy that coasts or ends up transferring to Troy before being a 6th round draft pick and then goes on to make a Pro Bowl.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
He's the greatest run-stopping, pass-rushing recruit I've ever seen. As dominant at his position as Clowney, more so than Nkimdeche (sp). He is breath-taking.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
His film looks better in his sophmore and junior years than his senior. Realizing he changed schools, I wonder if it was because he had to learn a new defense or he just got complacent. He really wasn't much of a factor this year.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
His film looks better in his sophmore and junior years than his senior. Realizing he changed schools, I wonder if it was because he had to learn a new defense or he just got complacent. He really wasn't much of a factor this year.
new defense. the Auburn High defense was a ton more sophisticated. even though it hurt his stats, i think it will help him in the long run.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Saw this posted on Twitter..Thought I would just add this here..Instead of starting a new thread..Hope you don't mind Mack..Reuben adds on to his tattoo..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Saw this posted on Twitter..Thought I would just add this here..Instead of starting a new thread..Hope you don't mind Mack..Reuben adds on to his tattoo..

Saw that earlier. I hope T-Town has better tat artists. That guy doesn't do very well with human figures...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I agree with earlier poster that the full court press was put on Reuben by Trooper Taylor. It was common knowledge that Taylor did some pretty shady things while at TN and he had opportunity for daily visits to Auburn HS because his son attended there.

Now, Reuben, it is up to you to take care of the academic side of things and do your best in practice and the rest will take care of itself.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Just saw on Twitter that Reuben walked across the stage at Auburn HS & received his diploma..Great job Reuben..We're proud of ya..Can't wait to see ya unleash some pain on your way to becoming the next great LB'er at Bama..ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.