***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #2 DL A'Shawn Robinson***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
A’Shawn Robinson, DL , 6-4 / 320

Overview: Massive athlete that is athletic enough to play on the end but big enough to play inside.

What he brings: His personality is SO unassuming that his drive and effort are sometimes questioned and leaves you wondering if you’re getting all that you can get out of him. A mean streak is non-existent. All that said, Robinson is unusually athletic for a young man his size. He has very long arms and he’s very strong. He gets into the backfield with no problem. He has the girth and ability to be a Brandon Deaderick or Lorenzo Washington type player but at a much more elite level.

Most likely destination this season: Perhaps a redshirt this season, but he won’t be on the sideline for long.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
I can't even imagine predicting this guy's position. Could be an OG or OT, could grow to a NT, could be the extra DT for a couple years when we go big, could easily be a 3-4 DE.

The amazing thing is how athletic he is without pads. At "the opening" he was burning OTs in padless OL/DL drills like Demarcus Walker and D'Shawn Hand (bull rush, swim moves, etc) Robinson is 40 pounds heavier than those guys. It is almost unfair.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I think he'll end up on the DL. Prob NG or DT. I see a lot of jesse williams when I look at A'shawn. HE may get some playing time this year. Especially if Ivory or Lake get hurt.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
His personality is SO unassuming that his drive and effort are sometimes questioned and leaves you wondering if you’re getting all that you can get out of him. A mean streak is non-existent.
Maybe he's Amish? Sorta looks it. ;)

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I think maybe he's too good to redshirt.
I agree. The only way I see him redshirting is if they move him to the O Line.

( this is the worst drawback to recruiting such elite players, they're only around a few years.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.