Epic Barner Meltdowns.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
If you're a Twitter user, there's some classic Barner meltdowns taking place in broad daylight.

Grief makes people do funny things.

Search the term "wjox" or "wjoxfm" for a look.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I would post the actual word to search, but I'd probably get a mini vacation from TF because of all the profanity, etc.

According to the Barners, it's all Jox's fault that they "fanned the flames of hatred" that caused Updyke to poison the trees, amongst other things they're complaining about.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I would post the actual word to search, but I'd probably get a mini vacation from TF because of all the profanity, etc.

According to the Barners, it's all Jox's fault that they "fanned the flames of hatred" that caused Updyke to poison the trees, amongst other things they're complaining about.
That's it.

Irony here is that the guy in question is a former Jox employee. Also contributes to the Birmingham News/AL.com entertainment pages. The idea, though, that JOX has an anti-Auburn bias is so divorced from reality I don't even know where to begin. I agree that talk radio is a nasty place, but coming from the fan base that counts Corky Frost and Mark Green among its number, I have a hard time taking this seriously.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
That's it.

Irony here is that the guy in question is a former Jox employee. Also contributes to the Birmingham News/AL.com entertainment pages. The idea, though, that JOX has an anti-Auburn bias is so divorced from reality I don't even know where to begin. I agree that talk radio is a nasty place, but coming from the fan base that counts Corky Frost and Mark Green among its number, I have a hard time taking this seriously.
IIRC, he passed away a few years ago.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
We would be upset also if one of our beloved traditions was being taken away at the hands of one of their fans.
They've got their own subset of sorry fans that are doing what they can to try to destroy our football program. Updyke poisoned some trees and regardless of the sentimental value to Auburn fans, they are still trees. Their lowest of the low are attempting to destroy our program and simultaneously destroy the lives and futures of our players by tricking them into committing NCAA violations or following them around and catching them in situations which could be manipulated into the appearance of being violations.

Their fanbase is quick to latch onto the tree situation to attempt to disparage all Bama fans, but they conveniently ignore those within their own "family" that are much more malevolent. Since they are such a pious group, surely they know the analogy of pointing out the mote in the eye of another while ignoring the beam in their own.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I try to be objective analyzing situations but it gets harder each year with that fanbase. They remind me of politicians - everybody else is to blame for their problems. MSU for Cam, us for most everything else, ESPN, JOX. I love their cognitive dissonance - they scream three probations since 1995 (one was b-ball) and the NCAA has us staring down a gun - and then say the NCAA looks the other way on us.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I think that the trees at Toomers died from years of being traumatized. They had the processed flesh of other trees thrown on them several times yearly. They probably thought it was some type of sadistic torture that was a precursor to a similar fate.

When Yeller Feller came around, their knots probably tightened. :eek:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.