Link: Rolando McClain Arrested Again In Decatur

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Note for the file: The Ravens selected Arthur Brown, the inside LB out of Kansas, in the second round. I'd say that makes Rolando's short leash even that much shorter.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
We had an active poster here for many years...he stopped posting as much when he was promoted to Chief of Police in Decatur. He is as big a Bama fan as they come.

He's retired now, but still has many ties to the police dept. He would not let any policeman carry out a vendetta against Ro, I feel very certain about that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We had an active poster here for many years...he stopped posting as much when he was promoted to Chief of Police in Decatur. He is as big a Bama fan as they come.

He's retired now, but still has many ties to the police dept. He would not let any policeman carry out a vendetta against Ro, I feel very certain about that.
I've never bought the vendetta bit. However, it is possible to make yourself stand out and be recognized in a crowd, and, Boo's case, that's not good. LEOs are human also...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
As I remember Ro got into a fight when he was at UA and had a short fuse. He could have walked away when the frat boy used the N word, but he choose to beat him silly. I am not defending the frat boy, but many a drunk does stupid things when they have had a few too many. Most people would have thought about the consequences it might have on their football career, but Ro didn't and If I remember correctly, he broke the kids jaw. Its one thing to call him out for using offensive language, it is another to thing all together to beat the kid up. One shove probably would have gotten the point across.

He also had the incident in the 2009 SEC game where he shoved an official. I think it was 2009 anyway. He probably should have been thrown out, but the officials let him continue to play much to my surprise.

Ro is no longer a kid. It is time for him to grow up and act like a man, not a thug.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Note for the file: The Ravens selected Arthur Brown, the inside LB out of Kansas, in the second round. I'd say that makes Rolando's short leash even that much shorter.
Seems like I remember when Brown was going through the recruiting process that he had his own issues with character as well. I am not sure what he tenure at KSU was like but it seems like I remember both he and Ro were cut of the same cloth.

Seriously, if you can deal as a program with Ray Lewis witnessing a stabbing and then trying to cover it up, surely you can deal with some of the stuff that Ro has been involved in. Also, didnt Jamal Lewis miss a whole season due to some offense involving a girl only to come back later to reassume his starting TB job?

Most of Ro's problems seem to stem from issues with being an intimadator and disorderly conduct. I am not aware of him being involved any substance abuse / DUIs or battery against women.

This maybe legend but I always heard that Ro was a bad dude and that the coaches literally had to talk him down after games. That he literally went into a "Sic balls Killer" type mentality before games.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Seems like I remember when Brown was going through the recruiting process that he had his own issues with character as well. I am not sure what he tenure at KSU was like but it seems like I remember both he and Ro were cut of the same cloth.

Seriously, if you can deal as a program with Ray Lewis witnessing a stabbing and then trying to cover it up, surely you can deal with some of the stuff that Ro has been involved in. Also, didnt Jamal Lewis miss a whole season due to some offense involving a girl only to come back later to reassume his starting TB job?

Most of Ro's problems seem to stem from issues with being an intimadator and disorderly conduct. I am not aware of him being involved any substance abuse / DUIs or battery against women.

This maybe legend but I always heard that Ro was a bad dude and that the coaches literally had to talk him down after games. That he literally went into a "Sic balls Killer" type mentality before games.
That mental process may help in run support, but it's not going to help you in coverage, which is what the Raiders criticized him for. Rage is not going to be an aid in playing defense and it's not what Saban teaches. His defense is cold and cerebral. I'm not sure Boo is going to find that sort of structure in the NFL. Baltimore is his best bet...

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
UPDATE

Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain, who was originally scheduled to be at the City of Decatur (Ala.) Municipal Court tomorrow, has pleaded guilty to a window tint violation stemming from his arrest in January following a traffic stop. In exchange, the city has dismissed the charge of providing false information to police during the arrest.

McClain, who signed an expletive on the citation rather than his real name, thus resulting in the providing false information charge, made an online payment of $186 to settle the fine and court costs and any other fees associated with this case. He is no longer required to be in court tomorrow.
However, he still is currently due in court on July 9 because of his most recent arrest on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The arrest, which occurred at a Decatur park after police responded to a disturbance, came on April 21, just nine days after the troubled linebacker was signed by the Ravens
Also...speaking today, of Rolando McClain, Ravens Asst. GM Eric DeCosta had the following to say:
"We think he warrants a second chance"

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I've never bought the vendetta bit. However, it is possible to make yourself stand out and be recognized in a crowd, and, Boo's case, that's not good. LEOs are human also...
when you've made yourself stand out from a crowd by your own actions, as he has...then you have to understand that and make yourself less visible by removing yourself from bad situations.

I loved Ro when he was at Bama, but wow, he's making a LOT of bad choices right now, and i hope for his sake the light comes on before he runs out of options.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome was noncommittal when he was asked last week about McClain’s status.

“Right now, we've got 90 football players and he's one of the 90, and we're going to make determinations [on] who we think is going to be in our top 53,” Newsome said. “We'll start making decisions and there are going to be some tough decisions, but right now, Rolando's still a part of our football team.”

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...lation-20130506,0,5456474.story#ixzz2ScPPjyNa
Hopefully he realizes where his future lies.

keystnlabs

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2013
Deer Lowered, Rolando is hosting "McClain in May" at the Pines Park on this Sunday-free food, activities for the kids, etc. Please no.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Word on the street has it that the false info that was given to the police occurred when Ro was in the car and his passenger gave the wrong name. Verne Lundquist reportedly told police he was riding with Orlando McCain. LOL

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Word on the street has it that the false info that was given to the police occurred when Ro was in the car and his passenger gave the wrong name. Verne Lundquist reportedly told police he was riding with Orlando McCain. LOL
LOL!!! Now that's good humor! :)

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
Just got that from Cecil Hurt. That is sad. Ro was one of the best EVER at UA IMO. Incredibly smart and could direct a defense like no other. Here's hoping he somehow comes out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.