Link: Rolando McClain Arrested Again In Decatur

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just sad. Ozzie has shown an ability to manage trouble players. Obviously, Ray's transgressions were worse. He may have met his match in Boo...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The only answer is to keep him out of Decatur and away from his old buddies. When I heard he'd bought a million dollar house in Madison, 15 minutes from Decatur, my first reaction was "OMG!" I'd rather he bought in MD...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The only answer is to keep him out of Decatur and away from his old buddies. When I heard he'd bought a million dollar house in Madison, 15 minutes from Decatur, my first reaction was "OMG!" I'd rather he bought in MD...
Yup..Decatur is a curse for Ro..It's amazing how fast he spiraled out of control once he left Alabama & the structure Coach Saban had in place while he was at Bama..That's a testament toward Coach Saban & "The Process"..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well I'm guessing his tenure with the Ravens will be a short one...and his NFL career at this point.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yup..Decatur is a curse for Ro..It's amazing how fast he spiraled out of control once he left Alabama & the structure Coach Saban had in place while he was at Bama..That's a testament toward Coach Saban & "The Process"..
The story of keeping him in control long enough to report to Bama is fascinating in itself. It cannot be told here...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The story of keeping him in control long enough to report to Bama is fascinating in itself. It cannot be told here...
I heard rumblings about that ..Didn't know how true it was..Out of curiosity..How do you think this will affect him with the Ravens..I'm sure he was already on a short leash..I can't imagine they will be thrilled with this..It blows my mind what Ro could throwing away by getting in trouble again..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Pathetic. Waste of God given talent who would be better served to just go hide in a cave far, far, away from his " friends."

He obviously will not learn this lesson and I foresee far more serious run ins with authority in his future. Is it his ego that is out of control? I notice no mention of any other arrests, although I imagine if there were they might not be worth mentioning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
"Insanity is repeating the same behavior time after time expecting different results" or in the words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does"
If I was Ozzie I'd save myself a bunch of grief and tell Ro to take a hike. I personally wouldn't want him on my team because he's living proof that some people, no matter how hard they may try, just simply can't handle success.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Unbelievable to say the least......Even if he grew up there, if I had his money and opportunity, Decatur would be the last place I'd hang out. I only live 20-30 minutes from there, and the only time I go there is to launch a boat to go fishing/boating, then I leave. There's too much bad that goes on in the river city.

I'm not defending him, but sometimes the cops just have your number and every time they see you, there going to mess with you. It's funny how he was in Tuscaloosa for several years with no public told trouble with the law there, then goes to Oakland and the only reported trouble is when he visits Decatur. Granted, he put himself in the situation to get in said trouble.

When I was in my early 20's, I couldn't drive through Ardmore in my car without being pulled over. I had got a PI charge when I was 18 and had a couple other encounters with the law. Every time they saw me or my vehicle they would stop me and thoroughly check.

Unlike Rolondo, I realized the problem and the simple solution.........stay out of Ardmore!!!! (or in his case Decatur)

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Not to condone anything Ro did, since I don't know what happened, but his charges are fairly "chickenpoo" things. If the police don't like someone, those are the types of charges they'd file. I've seen I think Ro was beyond dumb for being in his old stomping grounds considering the trouble he's gotten into there, but the charges are fairly pedestrian until we see the facts come out.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
If this was the first incident, I wouldn't give these charges a second thought...BUT...BUT...

If keeping my money was a condition of not going home until after I retired, you wouldn't catch me there at all. At some point common sense has to drown out bravado. Personally, I think he's targeted; by police and by people trying to make a quick buck off of him. And I don't doubt for a second that he realizes this. So that begs the question: why keep going back?

This is a shining example of our conversation the other day about intelligence and sports. Ro is probably the most football intelligent player we've had here in the last 30 years, including DeMeco, Rashad, and Barrett. But his off the field decision making leaves a lot to be desired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.