Toilet paper eagle?

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
They'll probably have brother Chette declare it a bona fide miracle and it will bring hordes of barners on a pilgrimage to view what's left of it: a dried-up, tangled mass of shredded toilet paper lying on the grass under the oak.

After viewing the remains, they'll sit down en masse to watch brother Chette turn water into MD 20-20.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The worst thing that could have happened to those oaks (other than being planted far north of their range) was when they buried the power lines back in the early 90s, and the student started rolling the trees instead. They were surely doomed then...

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
The worst thing that could have happened to those oaks (other than being planted far north of their range) was when they buried the power lines back in the early 90s, and the student started rolling the trees instead. They were surely doomed then...
HOW DARE YOU suggest that the trees were going to perish anyway from abuse and inadequate climate conditions! :)

I really wish people would stop associating bama fans with updyke. I've never met one that was proud of him.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

You'd think a school with such an emphasis on agriculture would have some basic understanding of what is good and bad for trees...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
At least know what effect it has on trees when you pave over the roots...
I think trees in urban areas, what with sidewalks and lots more paving... those trees are generally considered to have a shorter lifespan.

I live in an old neighborhood that is losing mature oak trees with paved over roots, and the city is replacing them with younger oak trees. I think the thinking is that if we get only 60 or 75 years enjoyment out of the newly planted trees instead of 120 years, that will be ok.

The discussion about whether the barners mistreated these trees seems beside the point to me...they can treat their trees any way they please as far as I'm concerned. If the trees were being mistreated, that isn't an invitation to poison them, or to "rescue" them.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i will never understand tossing toilet paper on a supposed "cultural landmark" or "icon" or whatever they call it as a celebration or something to be proud of. do they think italians celebrate michelangelo by throwing underwear on the statue of david? i mean, they take such offense at being called trailer park and classless, but they do this? undoubtedly the most ridiculous fan base in all of college sports.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Now, Earle, no reason to groan. What is one man's garbage is another Barner's treasure. We should be sympathetic and not mock the afflicted. Tis the right thing to do!!

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
If you try to tell Barners that they would think throwing toilet paper in trees was stupid if we did it in Tuscaloosa, they get offended and usually respond with saying Alabama is classless because of the Rammer Jammer cheer.

It really doesn't make any sense though...to throw toilet paper into trees that you consider sacred and important. Rolling trees is considered mockery and is done to denigrate something or someone...not as a sign of respect and honor. You can't convince a Barner of that though.

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
As if burning the tree with all of the toilet paper on it after each game does not damage a tree. I doubt that even an arborist graduate of Auburn would recommend that; and would suppose that he would strongly advise against it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.