Trevor Lacey Transferring

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Shannon Terry posted in a free thread on BOL what he was told. Here's the link to the thread. The post is below:

OK -- just spoke to a source real close to the situation.
Trevor met with Grant today to determine the future. He did not have a decision made prior to the meeting. After meeting with Grant he feels that it is best for his future to move on to another program.
There are obvious concerns about player development and style of play under Grant.
I look for Trevor to look toward the ACC, Big Ten or maybe Memphis.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Please forgive me, because I really don't know. Is this a case of:

1. A player not adjusting to a coach's style,
2. A coach not adjusting to the players he himself recruited,
3. A mixture of the two, or
4. None of the above.

I can accept 1. 2 would bother me though...

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Seems like a lot of good players in recruiting and those already have dont enjoy the style of play Grant has implemented. I really wanted Bruce Pearl :/. Say what you want but he can coach basketball and wont cheat again. He's not stupid. We'll see what happens. Obviously look for obasohan to play more.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Is this due to team chemistry? Lacey does like to play the chucker role, for sure and Coach Grant is not a fan of that type of play.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Right when I was starting to have faith in CAG again. This many guys transferring out of here has me thinking the players don't have faith in CAG anymore and don't think he can develop them into the next level. Not a good sign and I just have a bad feeling. Hope I'm wrong but we will see.

How many of CAG stayed the whole 4 years?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
How many of CAG stayed the whole 4 years?
It would have been Eblen, but no one wanted him around anyway, correct? Releford and Carl will be here four years. Hankerson moved on b/c his PT was decreasing. Carter has been bounced from Bama and Ole Miss. Steele and Green played out their eligibility.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
Shannon Terry posted in a free thread on BOL what he was told. Here's the link to the thread. The post is below:

OK -- just spoke to a source real close to the situation.

sounds like a difference in role responsibilities. i noticed that he didn't quite look comfortable in his role for the offense but i did like that he was our last second shot creator. i hate that he is leaving and he will be missed but i did seem as if Retin and Levi were gaining comfortability and confidence in their roles.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.