Espn e-60

RollBamaRoll90

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 10, 2012
Huntsville,AL
Just watched the Eddie Lacy feature on E:60. Man I'm really rooting for him to do well at the next level. A great kid and look forward to keeping track of his NFL career. Lacy sat and waited his turn behind Ingram and Richardson then made the most of it having his two biggest games in the SEC title game and BCS title game. Doesn't get much better than that.
He deserves his success at the next level. Seems like a great kid and should do well with his agressive running style in the NFL. Good luck Eddie!

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Updated ESPN article:

http://espn.go.com/espn/e60/story/_...ped-lead-downfall-auburn-tigers-espn-magazine

When was the first test made available?
Auburn says it began screening as soon as a test was available to the school on Jan. 24, 2011 -- two weeks after the BCS title game. It chose Aegis Sciences Corp., a Nashville company that runs Auburn's drug-testing program, to create that test. Six months earlier, in July 2010, Redwood Toxicology Laboratory of Santa Rosa, Calif., debuted a urine test for JWH-018. Two months later, Dominion Diagnostics of North Kingstown, R.I., also unveiled a Spice screen. Both tests were widely publicized by outlets such as Reuters, CBSNews.com and The Street.
Did programs test for Spice before Auburn?
Yes. According to a survey of SEC schools done by The Birmingham News in July 2012, Alabama began testing for the drug in the fall of 2010. Auburn told the paper it started testing in August 2011. In an interview with The Mag this past February, Auburn officials said they began testing players in January 2011. The first public report of a player being punished for a positive Spice test was in October 2011, when LSU suspended three players for a game.
Auburn says that of more than 2,500 tests for Spice since August 2011, only three have come back positive. Does that mean the synthetic marijuana problem is solved?
That stat is accurate, but in the six months before that August, the athletic department administered 799 tests and found 18 positives, including 12 from football players, according to documents supplied to The Mag by Auburn.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Let's see auburn's 2010 grades for the fall semester were released AFTER the bcs title game and they started testing for spice AFTER the bcs game. They pretty much sold their souls to win the title that year but have spent the large majority of the time since then having to defend allegations.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Let's see auburn's 2010 grades for the fall semester were released AFTER the bcs title game and they started testing for spice AFTER the bcs game. They pretty much sold their souls to win the title that year but have spent the large majority of the time since then having to defend allegations.
They'd do it the same way again; what other option do they have to win a NC?

As an aside, is it just me or does Gene Chizik look like Laney Kiffen's older brother?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Dakota Mosley's father bought spice to see the side effects? Got. To. Be. Kidding.
Now I know where he got his "great mind" from. What a moron, but the barn didn't care they just used him to get Dyer.

BAMA - July 2010
au - August 2011

is what was stated I believe.
You would be correct.

I love how chizzy tried to cut the dude off every time he tried to ask a question. I think he would crack if someone got on him hard enough.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I was told Auburn that all the players who were failing were told to appeal their grades and the school set the date for the professors and instructors to rule on the appeals the day after the BCS game. This unfortunately is not illegal, but is not how appeals are normally handled by Auburn or any other shcool. Appeals for the fall semester are usually dealt with before grades are issued or at least before the new semester begins. I beleive they had begun classes before then.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Asked "When did he know there was a problem with spice?" Chiz says, "Well, the best way to know is by testing." So, he didn't officially know until and after Jan 2011 when they started testing---and it wasn't against team rules until August 2011. Amazing how fortunate they were that the circumstances allowed spice smokers to stay on the team until after the BCSNCG.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
That is what I heard. Amazing how that worked isn't it.

I was told Auburn that all the players who were failing were told to appeal their grades and the school set the date for the professors and instructors to rule on the appeals the day after the BCS game. This unfortunately is not illegal, but is not how appeals are normally handled by Auburn or any other shcool. Appeals for the fall semester are usually dealt with before grades are issued or at least before the new semester begins. I beleive they had begun classes before then.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Wow, I never knew all that about Eddie. God bless him tomorrow night and into the future. We walked out of the BCSCG with the Lacey's. Classy family. I just had no idea all they endured. Wish Eddie would have gotten more attention than he did for the obstacles he overcame.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
had to troll one of the barner sites to see what they have to say. Swear that they have a writing campaign to the DOJ, that's the DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE! To investigate ESPN for antitrust violations for their canstant portrayal of the barn in a negative light. They contend it costs them rankings, bowl games and recruits. Can't make this up.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I had the tears flowing watching the feature on Eddie. I know first hand how bad Katrina was because we got eight feet of water in our house and I waded out with water up to my shoulders holding my Mother-in Laws chihuahua above my head in order to save it.
Stayed with my Mom in North Bama for a week, came back and lived in my office(me, my wife, son, a Chocolate Lab and two chihuahuas) for a month while trying to repair our home. We finally got enough fixed to live upstairs while we worked on the downstairs. It took one year, one month, one week and one day to get all the repairs completed.
The thing Eddie said that really hit home was when he said he surveyed the damage in his house and suddenly became "emotionless" like he "didn't feel anything". That's exactly how both me and my wife felt. You just know you have no choice but to move forward and do whatever you can. No room for feeling sorry for yourself because it wouldn't have done any good at all. Never experienced anything like it.
I always liked Eddie and always thought he was a great back, but now I have more respect for him than ever. The guy has extremely strong character and I wish him much much success in the NFL. Go 42!!! RTR! sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.