CB Stephen Roberts Decommits from Alabama, Commits to Auburn

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm just glad these guys (SR & VT) are decommitting now, instead of waiting until signing day. Filling their slots won't be a problem, and we will, in all likelihood, get another one just as good, if not better.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Win-win situation.

He plays early and we free up room for better players! :cool2:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I hate to lose him, and I hate when we pretend that we didn't want a player when they decommit (or don't join us on Signing Day decisions). To those of you wishing him well, I'd like to say thank you for being classy and I'll get in line with you.

Good luck Mr. Roberts. I will be rooting against you every Iron Bowl, but don't take it personally. I still would have loved to have you on the team.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
No real surprise. He's a good one, and will have a good career I would think. Good luck to him, but I hope he gets burned by us in the future!

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
I hate to lose him, and I hate when we pretend that we didn't want a player when they decommit (or don't join us on Signing Day decisions). To those of you wishing him well, I'd like to say thank you for being classy and I'll get in line with you.

Good luck Mr. Roberts. I will be rooting against you every Iron Bowl, but don't take it personally. I still would have loved to have you on the team.
I'm not going to say he wouldn't have been a good player for us, but I honestly believe in this case the player who takes his spot will be an upgrade. The Talamaivao decommitment was the only of the two that was a disappointment to me.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Roberts was at a need position for us, but the writing was on the wall with how often he visited the barn. He's a heck of a player. I'm glad he de-committed sooner rather than later.

hself206

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 16, 2009
I hate this, but like someone said, something will come from this. I want someone who wants to play for the TIDE with their full heart. I wish him well, except when he plays us.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Too bad. It was a position of need, but others will step up.

Good luck in *most* of your career at Auburn. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** CB Stephen Roberts Commits to Alabama ***

Why was it expected? Proximity to the farm?
He's been visiting almost all their home games. He originally said he was only going because it was close to Opelika. Many thought this was going to happen even though he reaffirmed his commitment a few weeks ago to Saban.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I wish him luck at the Barn except when he plays Alabama. Too bad as he could have learned so much from the premier CB coach in the business. Instant gratification of early playing time isn't as good as learning from the best.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

he did it early, we have time to work other angles, no hard feelings...hope he has a solid career...
he grew up an Auburn fan, and now that theyre improving, i can understand going with his heart...best of luck.

Last edited:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

he did it early, we have time to work other angles, no hard feelings...hope he has a solid career...
he grew up an Auburn fan, and now that theyre improving, i can understand going with his heart...best of luck.
This is just entirely too rational. We're gonna have to work on you.;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.