CB Stephen Roberts Decommits from Alabama, Commits to Auburn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Cb: Roberts is committing to

There's a sense of optimism right now at AU. I imagine that will change late in the season when they're struggling to become bowl eligible.
Struggling to be bowl eligible? The team is already 3-0. Their schedule is very favorable. They'll be in a bowl game. Possibly 7-5 or 8-4 for them this year due to the schedule.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

Struggling to be bowl eligible? The team is already 3-0. Their schedule is very favorable. They'll be in a bowl game. Possibly 7-5 or 8-4 for them this year due to the schedule.
They have games at LSU, at Texas A&M, at Arkansas, and at Tennessee; and home games versus Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. That's what you call "very favorable?" IMO, they'll have to win on the road against Arkansas or Tennessee to be bowl eligible. Please tell me where you see their 4-5 wins in that stretch.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

They have games at LSU, at Texas A&M, at Arkansas, and at Tennessee; and home games versus Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. That's what you call "very favorable?" IMO, they'll have to win on the road against Arkansas or Tennessee to be bowl eligible. Please tell me where you see their 4-5 wins in that stretch.
RTR is correct. Auburn has three wins in the bag and two more can't-miss-wins against Western Carolina and FAU. That puts them at five wins, only one win away from a bowl game, and they still have games left against Arkansas and Tennessee, both of whom they have played a good bit better than so far (and at times by a decent margin). They've got more talent than both of those teams, too, and while there is really nothing to indicate they will upset 'Bama, LSU, A&M, UGA, or Ole Miss, there is also no real reason to think they won't reach at least six wins, and seven wouldn't be a surprise, either.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

RTR is correct. Auburn has three wins in the bag and two more can't-miss-wins against Western Carolina and FAU. That puts them at five wins, only one win away from a bowl game, and they still have games left against Arkansas and Tennessee, both of whom they have played a good bit better than so far (and at times by a decent margin). They've got more talent than both of those teams, too, and while there is really nothing to indicate they will upset 'Bama, LSU, A&M, UGA, or Ole Miss, there is also no real reason to think they won't reach at least six wins, and seven wouldn't be a surprise, either.
I'll agree to disagree.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

1. Roberts lives in AU backyard.
2. AU has been at home for the first weeks of the season.
3. Bama has been on the road for the first two games.

I could see why Roberts would be practically living on AU campus so far. Now if he wants to forfeit any chance of playing for something significant in his college career, then he is welcome to play for AU (with no hard feelings). I won't worry about Roberts until there is something to worry about.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

1. Roberts lives in AU backyard.
2. AU has been at home for the first weeks of the season.
3. Bama has been on the road for the first two games.

I could see why Roberts would be practically living on AU campus so far. Now if he wants to forfeit any chance of playing for something significant in his college career, then he is welcome to play for AU (with no hard feelings). I won't worry about Roberts until there is something to worry about.
Or, we are going after other DBs.

Might this one be mutual?

Totally agree. It will get very tough then starting this weekend. They were lucky to beat MSU.

Sent from my iPhone

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004

Would be tough to lose someone of Robert's talents, but let's wait until something changes before anyone gets in a tizzy.

"Nothing to see here!"

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Totally agree. It will get very tough then starting this weekend. They were lucky to beat MSU.

Sent from my iPhone
They're sitting at 5 wins (I'll give them Western Carolina and Florida Atlantic)

Lets go ahead and mark these as guaranteed losses:
@LSU
@Texas A&M
Georgia
Alabama

They must win one of the following to get to six wins:
Ole Miss
@ Arkansas
@ Tennessee

Ole Miss is the much better team to me and should win that game.

so I think it will come down to beating Arkansas or Tennessee on the road...
either is possible, and both not out of the question. I can see 6 to 7 wins without taking a big leap.

Last edited:

theyre sitting at 5 wins (I give them Western CArolina and Florida Atlantic)

I've Already marked these as guaranteed losses:
@LSU
@Texas A&M
Georgia
Alabama

They must win one of the following:
Ole Miss
@ Arkansas
@ Tennessee

Ole Miss is the better team to me and should win that game, so I think it will come down to beating either Arkansas or Tennessee on the road...either is possible, and both not out of the question.
I want to give them Tennessee but how bad is MSU and WSU?

Sent from my iPhone

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

so I think it will come down to beating Arkansas or Tennessee on the road...
either is possible, and both not out of the question. I can see 6 to 7 wins without taking a big leap.
Both are possible wins or possible losses. Either way it's more than likely enough to get them into a bowl.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

Opelika is in AU's backyard but it's hardly what i would call "Tiger Territory" or anything like that other than location. Auburn is going after Roberts extremely hard though. before the season started i predicted they would win 7-8 games. I can see at least 1-2 upsets on that schedule.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I saw Roberts play at Valley Fri night, and he had a quiet night, mainly due to Valley's ineptness on offense. He covered the receivers like a blanket almost all night, but he did get smoked on a 40 yard pass late in the game, but he probably didn't think Valley's QB was capable of making that pass (I know I didn't! -lol). He is the team's KR and PR.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Roberts ended up going to the Auburn v. FAU game over the weekend. He had planned on coming to Tuscaloosa, but ended up staying on the Plains.

He says he's still solid to 'Bama, but I think coaches from both sides are treating this one as a toss-up at this point.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Roberts ended up going to the Auburn v. FAU game over the weekend. He had planned on coming to Tuscaloosa, but ended up staying on the Plains.

He says he's still solid to 'Bama, but I think coaches from both sides are treating this one as a toss-up at this point.
on the phone with CNS yesterday, said he was 100% to Bama.....

IDK what to think, but he's probably bumming short rides to the Barn, but would have to pay a lot to make it Tuscaloosa on his own dime every weekend... at least I hope this is the case

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.