CB Stephen Roberts Decommits from Alabama, Commits to Auburn

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Re: Cb: Roberts is committing to

So at this point if we take his commitment does this still mean we get Humphrey? I just don't see how we wouldn't take a talent like him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

So at this point if we take his commitment does this still mean we get Humphrey? I just don't see how we wouldn't take a talent like him.
DB and OL are the positions that'll have a LOT of kids in this class. Even after Roberts (assuming he does indeed commit today), we'll still take at least 2 more DBs. We will hold a spot for Marlon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Official..

@AlexS_ESPN57s
Alabama lands its fifth commitment in 2014 CB Stephen Roberts (6-0, 177) from Opelika High. Just got off the phone with Nick Saban.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I'd go on record and say Nick Saban was crazy if he doesn't take Marlon, but I don't think that will be an issue as I'm not sure anyone would turn him down if he wants to commit. Our DB's are really going to be sick in a few years!

Good looking big CB prospect. Got to like pulling one out of the Barn's backyard.
Honestly we've had decent luck pulling kids out of Opelika in the past AND Phenix City so it's not like it is that rare. There just haven't been that many prospects out of the area we have been chasing as of late.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

"Roberts, who visited Alabama for their A-Day spring game last weekend, said he grew up an Auburn fan but that his childhood preferences didn't factor into his decision.
Being a fan and being a player are two totally different things," Roberts said. "I have always rooted for Auburn as a fan but when it comes time to making the decision about what's best for me as a player going forward, you can't think about those things. Alabama has put a lot of defensive backs into the NFL in the last few years and I believe they will give me the best chance to develop into the best player I can be."

was there any wonder where he was going?? :rolleye2:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Welcome to the Tide. A very sound decision. Now, visit your school counselor to make sure all your core classes have been taken and hit the books so you can graduate and qualify to enroll at Alabama.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

No matter who commits in this class..Marlon will have a spot when he decides to commit..

"Roberts, who visited Alabama for their A-Day spring game last weekend, said he grew up an Auburn fan but that his childhood preferences didn't factor into his decision.
Being a fan and being a player are two totally different things," Roberts said. "I have always rooted for Auburn as a fan but when it comes time to making the decision about what's best for me as a player going forward, you can't think about those things. Alabama has put a lot of defensive backs into the NFL in the last few years and I believe they will give me the best chance to develop into the best player I can be."

was there any wonder where he was going?? :rolleye2:
It's like have a choice of playing in the big league or staying home & settle for the minor league..Smart choice Stephen..ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Honestly we've had decent luck pulling kids out of Opelika in the past AND Phenix City so it's not like it is that rare. There just haven't been that many prospects out of the area we have been chasing as of late.
[/QUOTE]

agreed. Upshaw was from Eufala.
Bama currently is on a historic run and unless you are a die-hard auburn fan or paid to commit, why wouldn't you want to come to the Capstone and become successful???

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Welcome and Roll Tide! You work hard and you may be NFL material in 3 or 4 years. We're glad to have you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.