Off Season Fun- Nick Saban Movie: Who would you get to play the leading role?

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
All right. It's the off season. That means time for the annual discussion of White helmets and Crimson pants, which LSU player is going to get in a bar fight this year (oh wait...) and other meaningless drivel that consumes us until Fall practice begins.

Today while waiting in line to get my car inspected (good times there) the radio mentioned this question: Who would play Nick Saban in a movie about Nick Saban? I thought that would be more interesting to discuss than white helmets.

S0...

Who would play the lead role of Nick Saban in a movie about Nick Saban? And, just for kicks and giggles, who would play other starring roles? This would include Mrs. Terry, Kirby Smart, Scott Cochran, etc.

And... GO!

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Saban - Gerard Butler
Mrs.Terry- Sandra Bullock
Kirby- Stifler from American Pie (can't rember his real name)
Scott Cochran- the guy that plays Thor and the Huntsmen from Snow White (can't remember his name either LOL)
Mal Moore- Rick Flair (i guess it's the white hair LOL)

TF175

Jan 28, 2011
I personally think that Al Pacino would make a great Coach Saban. I will have to think about the supporting cast.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did you people not see The Blindside? Saban can act. He would play himself.
Generally, that's a bad idea. The only time I can think of that it succeeded was Audie Murphy. One thing I would wish and that is that it not be done too soon. The movie that was made about Coach Bryant was rushed to market to take advantage of his popularity and it missed the mark badly, both in casting and direction...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I agree that in his prime, Pacino would have been the only choice. But he's 73 now, and it's a high-mileage 73. Have you seen him lately? He looks like a stumblebum on a bender.

I do like the Gary Sinise suggestion. If you can put aside the off-screen stuff (and I know that's hard to do), Tom Cruise could work.

He's way too tall, but the guy who played Winters in Band of Brothers could work. If they can make normal height guys look like Hobbits, they can make a tall Irishman look like a 5-9 Croat.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Not sure who to cast as Coach Saban...
Pacino is looking a little old for the part.
NASCAR's Tony Stewart would fit on the coaching level,
but I doubt he'd take the cut in pay... ;)

(How about Charlie Sheen to play Bobby Petrino?...
or Les Miles, he could do it...)

If we needed a deranged looking CNS,
Sheen could do that part.

Second thought, maybe they can
'Slather on enough make-up' to make Pacino work.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.