I have decided to pull the plug Good Folks(life related)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Godspeed. Having my father face a similar situation the last couple of years of his life allowed me to see first hand how at peace and full of grace a human can be.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Few things are more wonderful than the anticipation of going home. I hope with all my heart that you find peace and understanding and knowledge beyond compare with your passing to what lies in that other plane of existence. Whatever it is, and however it is, it is HOME. We all get there eventually, in our own way, in our own time. I respect your decision. I've helped many a patient over the years come to the exact same one. Every single one of them got to end things on their own terms, having the opportunity to say goodbye to their loved ones, and without modern medicine stealing the dignity or quality of their last hours, days, weeks or months of life. Most of us don't get that opportunity. It's a precious one and I'm so glad you're at peace with it.

Love and peace to you and yours. Fair winds and following seas....

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
It takes courage to make that decision and I hope your family understands and supports it.
I do, I have experienced this choice with two family members and must say it was, by far, the right decision for them.
May you enjoy the love of family and friends in coming days and know "the peace that passeth all understanding." God be with you.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I will be attending a 100th birthday party on Saturday. This should be a joyous occasion, but it will be very depressing because she has no idea who she is or where she will be (the party is not at her house).

I do not want to live that long and end up like that. Much better to go out on my own terms and bid farewell to my family and friends.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I am glad you area at peace. There is sometimes a joy in letting go that can't be explained. I've seen a number of books and movies deal with the subject and never got it. Even getting the occasional glimpse at the whole thing in process apparently doesn't do it justice, because even though I understand it, I don't. I've seen a number of people go - too many not on their own terms or in the way of their choosing. Those I've been fortunate enough to briefly know as they charted their own course toward death I've never forgotten for the lessons they've taught me - even if I do have to relearn those lessons from time to time. Your courage is heartwarming and bittersweet. Thank you for sharing. Godspeed.

Oh, I almost forgot: Roll Tide Forever!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm glad you are a part of our family.....

And like a true family, we don't always agree... But we all love each other....

Sleep well.....God Bless

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
CrimsonForever1,

Thank you for letting us know, I am sure that wasn't an easy thing for you to do. I wish I had some inspirational message to type for you. Here is a scripture for you:

Philippians 3:20-21 NIV
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Take care and Roll Tide!!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
CrimsonForever1,

Thank you for letting us know, I am sure that wasn't an easy thing for you to do. I wish I had some inspirational message to type for you. Here is a scripture for you:

Philippians 3:20-21 NIV
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Take care and Roll Tide!!
You know Tyd, I appreciate that scripture and I am not trying to diminish it..... To be honest, I get inspiration not only from the Bible, but other texts of other Faiths and other sources as well.... There are inspirations all around us and doesn`t have to come from the spoken word, but scriptures are certainly inspirational, and there are thousands of them..... Thank you

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Terminal cancer.... I think that is what they call it..... 59, you make choices everyday, some of them are life changing whether you believe it or not...... Praying for my family is a good thing and I appreciate it, but prayers for me are wasted..... My personal prayer has already been answered.....
I'm with you 100% Crimson. I see a big silver lining in that at least your friends and family have had a chance to say goodbye and prepare themselves as much as anyone could in this sort of thing. That is something most do not have. Believe me, I know.

No reason to continue to suffer like you have. You deserve inner peace and I hope you find it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes sir I have..... I am imagining in the coming day, I`ll find more peace than any other mortal man could ever imagine, forever..... Even now, time is different..... Every breath I take feels like an eternity to me and so precious.....
My situation is nothing like yours, but, according to my cardiologist, I came within .4 mm of dying this past year. I looked on my metric ruler and saw how little that was. I live on, but I realized that not one week, not one day, not one second is guaranteed to any of us. Since that incident, I also find myself appreciating each moment of life more. All of our lives end. The main difference is you are in a better place to know the time range for the ending. Many of us will eventually find ourselves in that position. God bless you as you go into the transition...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Dang dude, don't you know you aren't supposed to bring anything serious and emotional to this board? Criminal.

For real though, I hope you enjoy yourself and the company of those you love to the very end. To be able to choose your own terms is awesome. Roll Tide.

Nerd moment:

As my friend Rand al'Thor would say, may you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the Mother welcome you home. I always wanted to say that to somebody...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I totally can understand & have nothing but respect going out on your own terms..In the last 4yrs with my heart condition..I've clinically have died 3 times..At 1st I was scared so bad of dying..Then the last time..With the amount of pain I endured with open heart surgery..I've come to terms with the fact I probably won't walk either one of my daughters down the isle..I never wanna go through that kinda pain ever again..Life was absolutely miserable man..But..It probably pales in comparison to the pain you're enduring now..And being on a heart transplant list..Is a wait i'll never end up seeing come true..It's an agonizing wait..That eats at my soul wanting to come true just so I can see my girls as much as I can..Anyway..Long story short..Even though we have different medical issues & have gone through different kinds of pains..I truly understand from the mental aspect of things..Why & how you've come to the terms you have..Roll Tide Roll my Crimson Brother..Enjoy your journey..Save me a seat in the big stadium in the sky!!!!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said.....I am so very glad that you have somehow been able to find a sense of peace and serenity in face of the reality we all must face sometime. I can only hope that when my time comes, I will be able to face it with half the courage that you have conveyed through your post.

Say hello to the many great ones that have made the journey already.....and be sure to give Coach Bryant and Coach Moore a big ROLL TIDE!!! from us all!!!!!

Godspeed...... and may peace be with you my brother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.