I have decided to pull the plug Good Folks(life related)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
We will all follow you sooner rather than later. We are all grateful for your friendship, and I am especially grateful for your example of faith. Godspeed, Brother.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
What an awesome post! I don't know if you intended for it to be inspiring, but for me it was!

Peace to you, and comfort for you until you sign off for the last time. Hope your final days are amazing!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
My situation is nothing like yours, but, according to my cardiologist, I came within .4 mm of dying this past year. I looked on my metric ruler and saw how little that was. I live on, but I realized that not one week, not one day, not one second is guaranteed to any of us. Since that incident, I also find myself appreciating each moment of life more. All of our lives end. The main difference is you are in a better place to know the time range for the ending. Many of us will eventually find ourselves in that position. God bless you as you go into the transition...
Yes, I am very fortunate to be able to know my time.... There have been times in my life that I escaped the instant passing without saying goodbye to friends and family.... One event was when I had to be dug out of a house that was destroyed by the 2011 tornado outbreak, the same one that hit TTown..... I knew I was a goner then!!!!! By a stroke of luck, a 700 pound motorcycle saved my life as it kept the walls and roof that had collapsed on top of me from reaching my body.... Divine intervention, it had to be, just like the intervention that led me to have a choice in this instance....

I hope you live to make the same peace I have.... You seem like a man who has excelled in moral values.... That is the key for your own search which opens your heart to be able to experience the appreciation of life, and the last breaths of it.... I will, but I do not have to pray for you as I know that your own prayers will be answered....

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
TTT, just because we all need to read these posts more than once. You have touched lives with this post, that's really all we can ask for in this life. Thank You.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I can certainly understand why you have made this decision. I have had many family members get cancer and go thru years of chemo only to die anyway. I have had this discussion with my family and have told them if I was ever diagnosed that I would decline any chemo because I would not want to go thru any of that if it only gives me a few extra months. thankfully so far I am healthy as a horse. I am glad you found peace.

Roll Tide!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
I can certainly understand why you have made this decision. I have had many family members get cancer and go thru years of chemo only to die anyway. I have had this discussion with my family and have told them if I was ever diagnosed that I would decline any chemo because I would not want to go thru any of that if it only gives me a few extra months. thankfully so far I am healthy as a horse. I am glad you found peace.

Roll Tide!
No, No, No!!!!! Never decline chemo or radiation at the get go unless the doctor tells you it will not work.... To me that is like giving up.... Chemo and radiation saves many, many people every day, just not in my case.... Believe me that you will know after a month or so of chemo.... Everybody is different and reacts differently to each situation.... For your families sake, at least give it a shot... You personally have to believe there may be a miracle heading your way.... Miracles happen every day!!!!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
No, No, No!!!!! Never decline chemo or radiation at the get go unless the doctor tells you it will not work.... To me that is like giving up.... Chemo and radiation saves many, many people every day, just not in my case.... Believe me that you will know after a month or so of chemo.... Everybody is different and reacts differently to each situation.... For your families sake, at least give it a shot... You personally have to believe there may be a miracle heading your way.... Miracles happen every day!!!!
My youngest brother (in Illinois) developed throat cancer a while back. That cancer is manifested through a tumor that's wrapped around his carotid artery in his neck. Because of it's size and position the doctors have deemed it inoperable.
He had such a hard time swallowing that they had to insert a feeding tube into his stomach through which they'd feed him 3x a day. The doctors didn't think he'd last more than a few months, if that long, but said that radiation and chemo might help. He decided to go for it, and endured the pain and hardships that they brought. After the treatments were concluded, the doctors said that it didn't have as much success with them as they'd hoped and didn't see any reason to continue them. They told us he'd probably last 5 or 6 months at the outside before the tumor grew more and tightened around the artery. When that happens, which we all know it will eventually, it will all be over, and he will be gone.
But that was 3 years ago. He still can't eat, but can drink his beverages through a straw, and still has the feeding tube in his stomach. But he's still alive, and to us, that's what's most important.

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Yes sir I have..... I am imagining in the coming day, I`ll find more peace than any other mortal man could ever imagine, forever..... Even now, time is different..... Every breath I take feels like an eternity to me and so precious.....
I will remember your advice and your great example of grace in dealing with what the natural world handed you. I don't know you, but we are friends now in an important way. God bless you and your family.

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Crimson1forever, I had cancer at 27. Two MD's failed to take a chest X-Ray put me in late stage cancer. Lot's of nasty chemo for me. I lived as Billy Joel sang only the good die young so my chances were good.

Did you ever look into alternative therapy? If so or not I respect your decision.

Edit: I have worked on raising money for cancer research along with other diseases. One day!

Last edited:

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Sad but I am happy for you, I feel you have found peace.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” - 2 Timothy 4:7
RTR
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I went through chemo for testicular cancer five years ago. I was told at the start it had a very high cure rate, so there was no real discussion about what to do. Not sure what I'd have done if they had said it would have been basically a waste of time.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I had to make a similar decision when I was 22 years old. I had 3 docs tell me I had bone cancer - 3 others said they werent sure. If it was, I had less than 10% chance of survival. They said I had 2 options 1) Do nothing 2) Submit to surgery and chemo but the chemo would render me sterile. I told them let's cut it out and see what happens... I had to have a second surgery as it grew back somewhat to remove the second tumor. However, after that, I have been tumor free for 20 years and no chemo. The docs didnt agree with my approach but it ended up being the correct decision.

Thankfully, it didnt become more serious cause I didnt want to tell my parents that I was at peace even at that age of doing nothing. But I was ready to go - scared but ready to go. Given how I lived my life up until that point and many of the things that I was interested in that I would not be able to do again - I was okay with my run. In a weird way it became a privilege to carry that burden for my Savior.

Prior to that event, I would never have gotten on here and typed such a message nor was I comfortable at all with telling folks that I loved them or what they meant to me. But after that event, I broke through some barriers that I had built up within me. I have no inhibitions now letting my friends, family, and mentors know how much they mean to me. In same event, I have learned to respond to difficulties in life with much more clarity and much less emotional worry.

For me, it was a very difficult time in my life dealing with that among some other things in my life at the time that I wont mention but I essentially lost faith in my health, family, and friends during all of this and I had no one, no one, to rely on other than Jesus Christ. But I would not trade the experience for anything and would endure it again. But because of it I have been empowered with the empathy and power to help others going through trying circumstances.

Crimson, Its obvious you feel the same way... God Bless You on your exciting journey! For others on here who have yet to personally experience, dont worry its coming, none of us are exempt from suffering. But when it comes please use it as an opportunity to allow God to bless you in ways you wouldnt believe. You will find strength you didnt know you had.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.