Link: WOW..Check Out The Drawings Of The Potential New Atlanta Falcon Stadium

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Have to admit that the conversions for other sports are neat, but in one design didn't see a score/video board at all and in the other design, the score/video board was so high up, it seems like it would be difficult to view from the seats.

Obviously, The Coca-Cola Company is expected to be a major sponsor/advertiser at the venue.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: WOW..Check Out The Drawings Of The Potential New Home Of The SEC Championship Ga

Anyone ever watch Stargate SG1? "Open the Iris" comes to mind.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Have to admit that the conversions for other sports are neat, but in one design didn't see a score/video board at all and in the other design, the score/video board was so high up, it seems like it would be difficult to view from the seats.

Obviously, The Coca-Cola Company is expected to be a major sponsor/advertiser at the venue.
These are called renderings. They're intended to show the design concept and aren't a final design.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: WOW..Check Out The Drawings Of The Potential New Home Of The SEC Championship Ga

First two resemble the Droid eye when my phone boots up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

i like the first one. the second one looks more like it should be an athletic facility with an indoor swimming pool or maybe a high tech barn. it doesn't look like a stadium.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

i like the first one. the second one looks more like it should be an athletic facility with an indoor swimming pool or maybe a high tech barn. it doesn't look like a stadium.
It made me think of an airplane hangar

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

It made me think of an airplane hangar
Ditto. Utilitarian, but not terribly attractive in my mind. Given how important Hartsfield-Jackson is, maybe that was an intentional resemblance.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Some may think the first design is cool, but it's hideous in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome.
Blame Jerry Jones for the stadium envy going on in the NFL. He paid to build the best stadium and now everyone wants to top it and build a bigger more flashy stadium. and there is plenty wrong with the Georgia Dome.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

And Birmingham can't get an Aquarium, SportsPlex, OR an Olympic bid??

Maaan...Free Larry Langford!!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

for some reason this brings to mind a quote from sheldon cooper

you mock the sphincter, but, the sphincter is a class of muscle without which human beings couldn't survive. There are over 50 different sphincters in the human body. How many can you name?
but it will make a good compliment to the Georgia Tech Basketball Arena

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.