2014 LB Zach Whitley Enrolls at UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: *** 2014 4* LB Zach Whitley Commits to Alabama ***

Horns are still pulling an incredible class as are the Ags. Alabama is cherry picking talent as it should. It really comes down to kids wanting to play for the best.
its the same song and dance with UT under Mack. they have it made in Texas. their staff sits back and waits for these die-hard Texas kids who grow up dreaming playing for the Horns. in the end, what has all these incredible classes done under Brown???

TAMU fans on their boards were on semi meltdown over Whitley committing to Bama. they couldn't see how a native Texan could leave the state and commit to us without ever attending their A Day game?? they thought that Zack would be the one to fill their needs at LBs. very disappointing for them to say the least. one poster even mentioned that Zack would be the lowest rank LB Bama takes in this class. :biggrin: the rational ones saw the light and pointed to 3 out 4 NCs and a chance to play for CNS. agreed that TAMU will have a fine class, but how can you not?? its Texas, the abundunce of talent is overwhelming.

Last edited:

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

its the same song and dance with UT under Mack. they have it made in Texas. their staff sits back and waits for these die-hard Texas kids who grow up dreaming playing for the Horns. in the end, what has all these incredible classes done under Brown???

TAMU fans on their boards were on semi meltdown over Whitley committing to Bama. they couldn't see how a native Texan could leave the state and commit to us without ever attending their A Day game?? they thought that Zack would be the one to fill their needs at LBs. very disappointing for them to say the least. one poster even mentioned that Zack would be the lowest rank LB Bama takes in this class. :biggrin: the rational ones saw the light and pointed to 3 out 4 NCs and a chance to play for CNS. agreed that TAMU will have a fine class, but how can you not?? its Texas, the abundunce of talent is overwhelming.
That must have been a more rational Texas A&M board then. I saw some very delusional reactions to the Whitley commitment. Including predictions of running up the score on us over this.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: *** 2014 4* LB Zack Whitley Commits to Alabama ***

Welcome Zack!! Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Hope you have a great, healthy, senior year. The next 4 or 5 years can change your life for the better.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

They need to get used to losing top recruit to us. :p_wink:
That must have been a more rational Texas A&M board then. I saw some very delusional reactions to the Whitley commitment. Including predictions of running up the score on us over this.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Haha! "That’s going to be my categorical focus." I'd like to have a player who speaks like this. It would make for great interviews.
I read that 3 times and I'm still not sure what it says. Anyway, welcome Zack and Roll Tide!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I communicate with the Chinese by e-mail on a daily basis and this has to be a very bad auto translation.
So the information originally came from Chinese Intelligence? :cool:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I read that 3 times and I'm still not sure what it says. Anyway, welcome Zack and Roll Tide!
Bad Translation said:
“Their graduation rates for a final 3 years have been really high,” Whitley told BamaOnline after his A-Day visit. “That’s what we was mostly focused on, since my academics are something that I’m going to be focused on when we go to college. we favourite the engineering program. They have tutors for each player. That’s going to be my categorical focus. we know they have a thing for winning and all the national championships, though that’s not all we was disturbed about.”
Original said:
“Their graduation rates for the last three years have been very high," Whitley told BamaOnline after his A-Day visit. "That’s what I was mostly focused on, because my academics are something that I’m going to be focused on when I go to college. I liked the engineering program. They have tutors for every player. That’s going to be my main focus. I know they have a thing for winning and all the national championships, but that’s not all I was worried about.”
The link in the article goes to the original

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: *** 2014 4* LB Zach Whitley decommis, commits to UCLA

Has recruiting just become a crap storm of kids changing their minds or looking for attention? I know that we're dealing with high school kids but its gotten so much worse in the last 3 years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Was he influenced by some UCLA commits in San Antonio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

He looks at Anthony Barr (who plays his position) looking like a young Derrick Thomas out at UCLA vs our pass rushers..... Seems like an easy choice to me. Plus when you consider spending 4 years in LA vs Tuscaloosa...... Don't get me wrong, I loved Tuscaloosa so much, not only did I stay in school for 6 years, but I never left! Made Tuscaloosa my home. But having spent some time in LA, well....I understand.

Hate we're losing him but if I've learned anything with recruiting it's that until the kids actually show up on campus, everything is fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.