2014 LB Zach Whitley Enrolls at UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Re: *** 2014 4* LB Zach Whitley decommis, commits to UCLA

This could be good, now we will have room for Raekwon.:biggrin2:

Seriously I think we will be okay. I hope Zach has a great career.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

This gives us room for Evans, I know different positions but Evans would fill the void nicely.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

For what it's worth, I think we're currently in the recruiting dead period

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

for real? real Bama fan? y'all barners like to jump in at any opportunity
Good Lord, dude, are you serious? Look at Elkhart's join date and post count, compare to your own, and then take a chill pill. He's no barner, just legitimately concerned about losing good prospects. The number of decommits this time is indeed a bit high.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Losing like we did certainly doesn't help. Sorry to say but a lot of kids change with the "hot" programs pretty superficially. I think overall the staff has been excellent at holding classes together. It happens at every school. It's recruiting these days.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I hate we lost Zach. LB is one of the positions we are shallow on. I saw Zach as being another CJ Moseley type. He plays the pass well and has good speed. I don't see Reggie or Reuben as very good pass defenders.
I wonder if the staff had talked about him greyshirting? I can't imagine they would. I think we really need him. I don't know of any other uncommitted LB's we are pursuing right now. Hope we can get him back somehow. Maybe Josh Frazier and our other commit there can talk to him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I hate we lost Zach. LB is one of the positions we are shallow on. I saw Zach as being another CJ Moseley type. He plays the pass well and has good speed. I don't see Reggie or Reuben as very good pass defenders.
I wonder if the staff had talked about him greyshirting? I can't imagine they would. I think we really need him. I don't know of any other uncommitted LB's we are pursuing right now. Hope we can get him back somehow. Maybe Josh Frazier and our other commit there can talk to him.
Whitley was not gray shirting or asked to gray shirt. Tough loss because he is better in pass coverage than some of our bigger lb's, which is something we need after watching a mediocre OU QB look like the next Peyton manning.

evans was someone we are still pursuing, but he's likely headed to the barn.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Losing like we did certainly doesn't help. Sorry to say but a lot of kids change with the "hot" programs pretty superficially. I think overall the staff has been excellent at holding classes together. It happens at every school. It's recruiting these days.
I had the same thought. He may have been on the fence with his friend going to UCLA and our poor performance may have taken some of the shine off the program and was a tipping point.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Goodness, if our performance in the Sugar Bowl was that much of a factor in his decision, then I'd rather we found that out now as opposed to later - better for both of us. Another example of why early commitments mean next to nothing.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Wow, Dwight Williams just committed to UCLA as well. Looks like Mora continues his on field success in recruiting some studs.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

The news on ZW is still very fresh. Its not a done deal yet. Lets hold off with any assumptions for now. There are 30 more days of recruiting remaining. Anything can happen. All reports from ZW camp was that he was very solid and prior to this latest development, nothing has change to indicate he was flipping or unhappy.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

The news on ZW is still very fresh. Its not a done deal yet. Lets hold off with any assumptions for now. There are 30 more days of recruiting remaining. Anything can happen. All reports from ZW camp was that he was very solid and prior to this latest development, nothing has change to indicate he was flipping or unhappy.
I thought he was an early enrollee.........

If so, the clock is ticking!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Losing a game does not effect recruiting. Note ut and kentuckys classes. Sometimes you just get beat for a guy and other times there's things we don't know about. It sucks but we'll move on once the dead period is over.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

I saw in the paper a week or two ago that he was 2nd team All-Greater Houston. So good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.