2014 LB Zach Whitley Enrolls at UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story

Alabama picked up its sixth commitment for the Class of 2014 this week when Houston, Texas linebacker Zach Whitley pledged his commitment to the Crimson Tide during a Skype call with Alabama head coach Nick Saban.

Whitley, a 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker from North Shore High School, is rated a four-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals.com and 247Sports and is rated the nation's No. 5 inside linebacker prospect according to the 247Composite rankings.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** 2014 4* LB Zack Whitley Commits to Alabama ***

@CharlesGPowernow
Whitley said he actually committed to Nick Saban via FaceTime on Wednesday. Decided to make commit public today.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Sounds like a smart young man with a good head on his shoulders. He's got to be a good footballer or CNS would not have offered him. I like that he is putting a lot of stock in his college education and likes the UA Engineering School. Smart kid.

Looking forward to having him in school next year. Any chance he will be an EE?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Great to get another Texas commit. A&M joining the league and the exposure we got playing in JerryWorld has helped our Texas recruiting tremendously. Winning 3 of 4 NC does not hurt either. Looks to be a lot like CJ. Welcome Zach and Roll Tide!!!

Last edited:

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Roll Tide. We've been collecting them lately. With Spring Practice over coach can really get down to locking these guys up.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

I like that he is putting a lot of stock in his college education and likes the UA Engineering School.

Any chance he will be an EE?
If he's entering the Engineering School, I'd guess there's a fair chance he'll be an electrical engineering major.

:wink:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I see Kirby is recruiting Texas. I bet that ours a lot of strain on those teams out there.

Great pickup to get the top player on your board at a certain position this early in the season. I imagine his life is about to get very hectic with the barn and THE university offering schollys now that they know he has an Alabama offer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I can tell you that North Shore has a helluva team. I didn't make it to the varsity game last year, but they beat up on my son's team 62-21...the 21 points was merciful that their 4th string let them score.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I see Kirby is recruiting Texas. I bet that ours a lot of strain on those teams out there.

Great pickup to get the top player on your board at a certain position this early in the season. I imagine his life is about to get very hectic with the barn and THE university offering schollys now that they know he has an Alabama offer.

I saw a tweet by one of the recruiting analysts giving Burton Burns the credit for Whitley's commitment. Might have misunderstood it, though.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I saw a tweet by one of the recruiting analysts giving Burton Burns the credit for Whitley's commitment. Might have misunderstood it, though.
Kirby was listed with Burns on the 24/7 link. Don't know how much he had to do with his commitment though.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

Many football fans in SEC country view Texas football as soft, but no where is High School Football bigger than in Texas. The Alabama footprint might get bigger out there after the Aggies get humbled at home in September.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Kirby was listed with Burns on the 24/7 link. Don't know how much he had to do with his commitment though.

247Sports is listing recruiting coach and position coach now. Obviously Coach Smart coaches LBs, but I believe Coach Burns is in charge of east Texas now (along with south Louisiana). But we also have to credit one of Whitley's coaches at North Shore. He played under Nick Saban at LSU.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

This is my first day being relatively healthy since being discharge from the hospital, so this s definately a nice home welcoming surprise.

Welcome Mr. Whitley.

RTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.