Question: National Championship Race Car at Talledega?

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Is it true , what I heard that Micheal Waltrip will drive a race car this weekend at Talledega that has 2012 Alabama National Champions on it? If so, that's cool!!! and I hope He wins!!!!!:biggrin2:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I was trying to remember earlier, did Auburn get one in 2010 or is Waltrip just a Bama fan? I wasn't sure if this was a race tradition to honor in-state champions, or if someone just loved us.

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
I was trying to remember earlier, did Auburn get one in 2010 or is Waltrip just a Bama fan? I wasn't sure if this was a race tradition to honor in-state champions, or if someone just loved us.
I think AU got one in '10 as well. It has something to do with Aaron's, Waltrips's primary sponsor.

RTR '12!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Waltrip was wallking around pit row for the pre-race show in his Alabama Nat'l Championship firesuit. Got some good Bama comments from Keselowski, including a Roll Tide! Spoke with McCarron, who presented him with a #55 Bama jersey.

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He does this every year in that home teams state (if they race in that state that is). That's why the barn got one in 2011 as well.

Did anyone see his racing helmet? It was painted just like our helmets are, red with the white stripe over the top. Had his number 55 on the side and everything, it was sharp!

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Sorry. I love Bama football but I couldn't pull for any Toyota. I am a Ford fan. So the race turned out very well. It was good to see David Ragan get another win.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
That is a cool helmet but they definitely missed on the crimson pantone # but the car appeared to have the correct color.
I kind of liked the look. Definitely different than what we have now, but historically very similar to the shade of crimson we used back in the Bryant era.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.