Michael Kessens transferring in from Longwood U.?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Michael Kessens transferring in from Longwood U.

According to the scout site this kid is transferring to UA:

Michael Kessens profile

Looks like he put up some decent numbers against fairly decent competition, 17 points against Arkansas.

Last edited:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Almost averaged a double double.. But don't know much about him. But nothing wrong with getting a big who can score.

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
Looking at Kessens' Twitter, it seems Malik Smith from FIU (14 ppg) also visited with him and is considering the Tide. I wonder if CAG is not confident in the upcoming class, or he feels another may jump ship. Including Tarrant and Kessens, Smith would be a 3rd transfer who sits a year before they're eligible.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Looking at Kessens' Twitter, it seems Malik Smith from FIU (14 ppg) also visited with him and is considering the Tide. I wonder if CAG is not confident in the upcoming class, or he feels another may jump ship. Including Tarrant and Kessens, Smith would be a 3rd transfer who sits a year before they're eligible.
Malik Smith has already graduated. Could he play immediately if he has eligibility left?

Check that he may have only graduated from Jr. College

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Without looking at either player's situation, I'd say the 2015 and 2016 recruiting are both going to be pretty big.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
One positive note about these transfers is that they will provide the other guys with some good competition during practice. Tarrant, Kessens, and hopefully Smith (assuming he has to sit a year) teamed up with the incoming freshmen Hale and Taylor should provide some good match-ups for Engstrom, Jacobs, Cooper, Key, Pollard, Retin, Releford, and Randolph. With some mixing-and-matching back and forth between freshmen and veterans we should have the best practice squad since CAG arrived.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Malik Smith has already graduated. Could he play immediately if he has eligibility left?

Check that he may have only graduated from Jr. College
Thought he had a four-year degree. Even if he had a two-year associate's degree, he could play immediately. Kessen sits a year...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Thought he had a four-year degree. Even if he had a two-year associate's degree, he could play immediately. Kessen sits a year...
That would be great if we get Smith and he is eligible to play immediately. I'm still holding out hope there is a big man somewhere that can come in and play right away.

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
Malik Smith

Looks like Smith has been around the block. Post-grad year at Notre Dame Prep, stint at South Plains College, and a year at Jacksonville College, before playing this past season at FIU. It also says he did receive his Associate's degree.

lancer12

May 3, 2013
Rumor out is that recently ousted Longwood coach Gillian may be part of the kessens deal coming to bama as an assistant

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Michael Kessens transferring in from Longwood U.

A Juco and 2 transfers. Interesting.
With two transfers that limits us to eleven scholarship players on the active roster. I hope we don't have a couple injuries or the bench will get thin in a hurry.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

With two transfers that limits us to eleven scholarship players on the active roster. I hope we don't have a couple injuries or the bench will get thin in a hurry.
Our bench was thin already. The only way it wouldn't be thin is if the transfers were Freshmen.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006

so is there any info out there on what style of player Michael Kessens is?

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007

Sometimes I wonder if I our fans watch basketball outside of Bama. Remember 2 maybe 3 years ago when UNC was down to walk-on PG bc they had an unexpected transfer and Kendall was injured. Contrary to popular belief this stuff happens.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.