LB Tre Williams Commits to Auburn

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Tre Williams to commit on Wednesday

I heard that also. It makes me think he is going to commit to us since we already have 2 MLB commits and are probably running out of room for MLB.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Many people have expected that he was Auburn bound since his visit to the Plains a couple of weeks back.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

Probably being fed the same line by DC that TT fed Rueben. Hope he doesn't fall for it, but a lot kids have been gullible to that Lee County rats nest.

Roll Tide

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Logic says he'll pick Auburn, based on how things have played out so far. But his last visit was to Alabama and the timing seems to suggest that maybe he'll choose Alabama with spots being taken up. But he is also scheduled to be at Auburn's BCW in a few weeks. Who knows? In the end, LB is not a position I worry about with Alabama.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

If TW choses auburn then all he has to do is look at how elite LBs out of HS ( Eltoro Freeman /Tray Blackmon/ and perhaps Ladarius Owens too) fared on the plains. its always nice to win top in-state talent battle with little brother , but Bama and CNS are recruiting at such a high level right now that losing a talent like Williams is hardly a scratch on the "process". I hope Tre realizes that at Bama we develop talent for an NFL career, but at auburn is where one commits career suicide.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Tre Williams is extremely talented and whichever teams gets him is getting a solid prospect. I'm leaning towards Awbarn on him and he always seemed like he would lean to Awbarn. Landing Whitley surprised me honestly and if UA can hold on to him and lose TW, I'm sure UA can find another solid LB prospect like Gavin Bryant to join this class if needed.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Will be shocked if goes anywhere ,but the barn. We got our guy that we had higher on our board last week. Makes sense that his decision would be coming this week.(referencing Tre here) Gavin Bryant has major grade issues ,so he is unlikely at this point.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I haven't been following Tre, but do you think Jarrick Williams being his cousin has influenced him positively or negatively? Jarrick was injured all last year, otherwise, he would have been playing where Nick Perry played. I wonder if Tre had a bad taste seeing his cousin not play. I would hope Jarrick would be a positive influence on Tre.
Sounds like the consensus on this board is the barn. So I'll say Bama. We'll lose CJ, maybe Trey Depriest, and a few other linebackers next year. I think we try to take a lot of LB to replenish our numbers. I don't think we are that deep at LB. Reuben and Walker may have been the only ILB last year. Denzel seems to have found the JLB.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Gavin Bryant does have some grade issues that could prevent him and he would probably have to be a NSD commitment to ensure that the grades have improved. If his grades do improve though, I could see UA in his future. Have a few friends that live in his area and they tell me he is all UA and just waiting for a committible offer.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Barnerham News advertised his decision day on their front page..........he is a barner all the way.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

Barn. Then he'll flip. Nothing like following in the footsteps of Yeldon, Kouandjio, Rueben Foster

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.