LB Tre Williams Commits to Auburn

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Re: Tre Williams to commit on Wednesday

If it's Aubie, it's because the coaches begged him to so that they could get a quality recruit to match Bama's recent flurry of activity. If it's us, it's to get on board at LB while he still can.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

as I mentioned before, the only way Bama and CNS loses a top in-state LB to auburn is :

1. he grew up a barner or has ties
2. Bama is full at the spot
3. he is not a priority

in this case, Tre has family ties to Craig. Tre also knows that the easier path to early playing time is at auburn. best of luck to him. its a long way till NSD.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He was as much of an Auburn lock as there can be.

Not a surprise and I doubt the staff was overinvested in recruiting him.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

We got the prospect we had higher on our board at the same position the week before.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Good pick up for Awbarn but I think Hamilton is going to be as good and then as jambama said Whitley is an extremely talented LB prospect just like TW.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

We got the prospect we had higher on our board at the same position the week before.
Yep; Whitley was definitely higher on our staff's board; it just is not fun losing a quality in-state prospect to the barn.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Yep; Whitley was definitely higher on our staff's board; it just is not fun losing a quality in-state prospect to the barn.
I imagine it was numbers thing and, as pointed out, we got the guy we wanted the most.

The Barners are drooling on themselves right now, but at the same time half of the comments on ITAT are about fearing he'll flip like the long list of those in the last few years who have done so.

I just wonder what the real story here is...if CNS really wanted him would he flip??? Maybe a better question is "If he was #1 on our board would he have chosen Bama instead of the Barn?"

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I just wonder what the real story here is...if CNS really wanted him would he flip??? Maybe a better question is "If he was #1 on our board would he have chosen Bama instead of the Barn?"
good questions! Now I don't even worry at this time of year about losing a prospect or two. I'm almost expecting a flip or two our way down the line. With Williams' teammate already committed to au this might not be one of them though.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I imagine it was numbers thing and, as pointed out, we got the guy we wanted the most.

The Barners are drooling on themselves right now, but at the same time half of the comments on ITAT are about fearing he'll flip like the long list of those in the last few years who have done so.

I can't really blame them. once bitten, twice shy. in this case, 3 x bitten. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I can't really blame them. once bitten, twice shy. in this case, 3 x bitten. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Actually more than that................

TJ Yeldon, Dee Liner, Rueben Foster, Cyrus Kouandijo say hi.
Brent Calloway wishes he could say hi too.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Good luck to the kid except when he plays Bama. I get kind of dis-com-knockerated when a kid is disparaged for choosing the Barn or any other school not Bama. Like Coach Bryant would say, you worry about the ones you've got, not the ones you missed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Did not have a commitable offer bc whitley was higher-up on the board. So far, we are getting our 1a and 1b prospects
Yet Scarbinsky writes about Williams to Auburn as if this was a huge recruiting battle win.

As I said/asked earlier...makes me wonder if he would be all Crimson if he was higher up our board.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.