Link: IRS Has Been Targeting Conservative Groups

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It is interesting that Obama himself has not spoken out against such practices. If all of these groups were made of Trayvon Martins, I'm sure we'd have heard from him personally by now.

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins on Sunday also called the IRS activities chilling and said she was disappointed that President Obama had not condemned the actions.
"This is truly outrageous and it contributes to the profound distrust that the American people have in government," Collins told CNN's "State of the Union." "It is absolutely chilling that the IRS was singling out conservative groups for extra review. And I think that it's very disappointing that the president hasn't personally condemned this."

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Whats unbelievable . . . . or maybe not, is that no one has been fired yet.
What's equally unbelievable is that aside from Benghazi, this has been the lead national political story for at least two days and yet this appears to be the first mention of it on TF. My libertarian brothers and sisters are slipping...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
What's equally unbelievable is that aside from Benghazi, this has been the lead national political story for at least two days and yet this appears to be the first mention of it on TF. My libertarian brothers and sisters are slipping...
Probably because it is so unsurprising.
Like how mothers almost always get child custody after a divorce.
Or how routine, egregious abuses of civil asset forfeiture go entirely under the radar.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Probably because it is so unsurprising.
Like how mothers almost always get child custody after a divorce.
Or how routine, egregious abuses of civil asset forfeiture go entirely under the radar.
No Joke. I mean they sit back and let our guys get shot up Benghazi and roll over and have a good nights sleep. So does this really shock anybody? Even O---Bama (<---ROLL TIDE).

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
This is the same IRS that set up a system that easily allows criminals to steal $5,000,000,000 per year in bogus tax returns. Corrupt and stupid goverment.*

*That is redundant. I should have just said "government."

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
The president is not obligated to comment on every news story that breaks.
Goes with the territory when you make remarks about a college professor being arrested or teenage kid being shot in his neighborhood. Try and score political points on one story, expect to get docked a few for another.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
SIAP - Looked but didn't see this subject posted.

Absolutely unbelievable......or maybe not!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/13/irs-scrutiny-went-beyond-tea-party-criteria-broader-than-thought/
Thanks for posting, TidefaninOS. I saw this news, when it first broke. But, I wanted to see who would post. Actually, I was hoping that one of our Tide Fan liberals would condemn this crime. Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Oh! I'm not sure that some will accept Fox News as a reliable source. :wink:

Whats unbelievable . . . . or maybe not, is that no one has been fired yet.
Fired??? Not for just following orders! Reassignment to a higher position, perhaps.

It is interesting that Obama himself has not spoken out against such practices. If all of these groups were made of Trayvon Martins, I'm sure we'd have heard from him personally by now.
Indeed!

Why would they be fired?
They won't be.

PTU, I was awaiting others. In the past, others felt that I was hogging this forum, by starting so many threads. :cool2:

Usually the president is responding to questions.
Umm, he made a statement condemning it this morning.

clicky
WAKE UP!!! When Obama answers a question, it is all choreographed, including the question and who asks it. I do not believe the quote below, which is from your link, jt666:

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama vowed Monday to hold the Internal Revenue Service accountable if reports of political targeting are proved true.

"If in fact IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that's outrageous. And there's no place for it," Obama told reporters.

"And they have to be held fully accountable. Because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity, and people have to have confidence that they're ... applying the laws in a nonpartisan way."

Obama said he learned of the allegations through news reports on Friday.
Re: "If reports are true ..." Pure bull manure! They have already been admitted.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election
The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.
Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people” were not driven by partisan motives.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...6a0ada-b987-11e2-92f3-f291801936b8_story.html

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Joe Biden says it's patriotic to pay your taxes.

Maybe being in a group that gets targeted for harrassment or additional tax consequences makes one a Super Patriot. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.