Preseason SEC Rankings

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
The only way AU is #3 is because the D gives up scores so fast that the offense is always on the field and even then I can't see it. Last year they struggled to even score I see them in the bottom half.

He also said McCarron was overrated

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Anyone who writes an article like this is either ignorant or agenda-driven. Alabama is loaded for 2013 on offense like no other team in the country.
Or just trying to get a reaction. The worst analysis of the upcoming SEC season that I have seen, or will see.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Its that time of year.....being this bored and having no football. This kinda stuff is all we have, for now...

http://footballfortress.com/index.php/en/component/k2/item/176-rankings-2013-sec-offenses

Part of me wants to disagree, because roll tide. But.....points are being made.

ESPNs rankings have bama at 1. SDS has the same. Just like to see different opinions.
I have a hunch you're about to be a hero.

It will only be for the 2-3 friends you contacted before coming here to throw bombs, but you will be a hero to them. Enjoy it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What the hell is "footballfortress.com" anyway? I've never heard of it. And "acepilot" (I might tend to pronounce that with a short "a") is gone anyway. I thought "Bleacherreport" was the bottom of the barrel. I thought wrong...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK, I begin to understand. This wannabe site has a grand total of 29 online right now, with only one being a member - the admin. Looks like they have 26 total posts on their forums. In contrast, we have almost 800 online right now - and it's the offseason. I don't know how long the Auburn ace jerk dug around to find this site, but it has an obvious AU bias. ("Never bet against a Malzahn offense.") Um, how about 2009 and 2011?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is the last reference I will make to him but looks like the ace pilot crashed and burned on his last mission. We'll bury what's left in a Sucrets box.

Roll Tide!!!!!!!

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Stopped reading when I saw Auburn at #3
The writer's 2nd sentence showed his football ignorance.
The SEC is likely to win several more BCS championships before one slips away.
The SEC might win one more BCS Championship - but it'll be the last one.

He then goes on to proclaim Georgia and auburn #2 and #3 (offensively) respectively, averaging about 28 points per game. Unless auburn buys another QB like sCam, they'll be lucky to score 28 points the entire season. Excluding 2007, Alabama has averaged over 30 PPG during the Nick Saban era. I doubt we'll see a drop-off in offensive production this season.

It doesn't bother me that someone thinks Alabama might not be the best this season. What bothers me is that someone with the football IQ of a hickory stump is given a forum to exhibit his ignorance.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Never heard of the site doing the ranking. Is it in Lee County?
Article is a slap at Alabama, written by a 'Hack'.
NUF SAID. Pure and simple.

(About time for the Mods to buy some more 'Mole Spray'...
We may need a case or two this year.)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.