Hoke calls ND "chickens"

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Hoke had KFC on the mind, that's the only reason he said chicken.

Seriously though, the schedule just didn't work out. We have our ACC slate, and the BIG is moving to a 9-game conference schedule. It was time to end. We can't be expected to play U$C, Stanford, Oklahoma, Texas in 2015/2016, MSU, Clemson/VaTech, and keep Michigan. Michigan should be happy. They have been complaining that we get to cherry pick our games with the Big Ten, and told everyone to drop us. We finally drop them and their base is up in arms. Plus, we are by far the hardest game on their schedule this year (O$U is not for real). They should be thanking us.

For those that may not know the history, the rivalry between us runs deep. Michigan essentially taught ND how to play football way back in the 1800s, and beat us for like 20 straight years. Then, in the early 1900s, we beat them twice in a row. Fielding Yost then tried to blackball Notre Dame from every playing football again, and dropped us for 40 years. Literally, 40 years. Rockne said to hell with you, and Notre Dame then got really good at football.

I went to Michigan and currently live in Ann Arbor, and am expecting thank you's from my fellow Michiganians. Their schedule just got that much easier. I hope they step up to the plate and schedule an SEC OOC game soon, like they say they will.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Hoke had KFC on the mind, that's the only reason he said chicken.

Seriously though, the schedule just didn't work out. We have our ACC slate, and the BIG is moving to a 9-game conference schedule. It was time to end. We can't be expected to play U$C, Stanford, Oklahoma, Texas in 2015/2016, MSU, Clemson/VaTech, and keep Michigan. Michigan should be happy. They have been complaining that we get to cherry pick our games with the Big Ten, and told everyone to drop us. We finally drop them and their base is up in arms. Plus, we are by far the hardest game on their schedule this year (O$U is not for real). They should be thanking us.

For those that may not know the history, the rivalry between us runs deep. Michigan essentially taught ND how to play football way back in the 1800s, and beat us for like 20 straight years. Then, in the early 1900s, we beat them twice in a row. Fielding Yost then tried to blackball Notre Dame from every playing football again, and dropped us for 40 years. Literally, 40 years. Rockne said to hell with you, and Notre Dame then got really good at football.

I went to Michigan and currently live in Ann Arbor, and am expecting thank you's from my fellow Michiganians. Their schedule just got that much easier. I hope they step up to the plate and schedule an SEC OOC game soon, like they say they will.
I see ND losing more than 4 unless they are extremely lucky. It's not that they play a tough schedule, It's the fact that I think ND is 'just not that good'.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
That's fine. I obviously think different, and this season should let us see whether last season was a fluke. I don't think you go undefeated with our schedule by being "just not that good." 3 previous recruiting classes in the top 20, two in the top 10, and a great coaching staff. It will be interesting.

But back to the topic, Michigan needs ND way more than ND needs Michigan.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Notre Dame 2013 Football Schedule. Anybody see more than 2 losses in this meat grinder schedule?

Temple
@ Michigan
@ Purdue
Michigan State
Oklahoma
Arizona State (Arlington, TX)
Souther Cal
@ Air Force
Navy
@ Pittsburgh
BYU
@ Stanford
Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Souther Cal & Stanford are all very solid programs.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
In fact, they do need Notre Dame.

Look at their schedule this year and in 2014. They love to pack us in between their horrific early season games to beef up their schedule.

2013:
CMU
Notre Dame
Akron
UConn

2014:
Appalachian State
Notre Dame
Miami Ohio
Utah

Going 3-1 through this schedule and then getting them to the Big Ten Championship (to which they claim is more important than NCG, please) solidifies their season. They can afford an early season loss. We, on the other hand, usually can't, because the rest of our schedule later in the year is packed with top-tier programs. Let's look at 2015 for an example:

2015:
Utah
Oregon State
UNLV
BYU

Are you kidding me. Go 3-1 with this schedule and you likely aren't getting to the Big Ten Championship. They refuse to play us later than the 2nd/3rd game of the year. This is all usually followed by a tOSU loss, which still can get them to the BIG Champ.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
For those that are bored on this wonderful Wednesday, Colin Cowherd defended us. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9274755&s=espn

Around the 25:00 ~ 26:00 minute mark.

P.S. He rips on 'bama. Just heard it. Sorry. :)
This is like Alabama dropping Auburn, UT, or LSU and picking up an ACC team. "I've got news for you", Cowherd is unreasonable.

Are there no recruits in Ohio? He just mentions Ca, Tx, and the South.

And Saban runs the SEC? Really?

This is not a good defense for ND that Cowherd presents.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Before anyone rips Colin Cowherd too much for a single comment, keep in mind that he has been on the Alabama and SEC bandwagon for many years. He sees the SEC as the best conference in football, and Alabama as the best program in football.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Before anyone rips Colin Cowherd too much for a single comment, keep in mind that he has been on the Alabama and SEC bandwagon for many years. He sees the SEC as the best conference in football, and Alabama as the best program in football.
Anyone who doesn't see the SEC and the best conference and Alabama as the best program isn't watching. This doesn't excuse Cowherd's comments.

His argument as I heard it was that ND has as tough a schedule as Alabama. He stated Bama doesn't have Georgia, Florida, or USCe scheduled and has byes before the aTm and LSU games because Saban runs the conference. He makes no mention of the SECCG.

How Alabama's SOS factors into whether or not ND drops Michigan is a mystery to me.

I'm just not a fan of Cowherd. He comes across to me as an "I know more than you" type of guy. He's like the Bill Maher of sports.

I couldn't agree more with your comment about the ND vs Michigan rivalry. It's a game I'll watch. ND vs (plug in your favorite ACC team) doesn't have the same appeal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm just not a fan of Cowherd. He comes across to me as an "I know more than you" type of guy. He's like the Bill Maher of sports.
Agree 100% - was just pointing out that he is not a Bama "hater".

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In fact, they do need Notre Dame.

Look at their schedule this year and in 2014. They love to pack us in between their horrific early season games to beef up their schedule.
Wow, one decent season and suddenly Michigan 'needs ND to beef up their schedule'? ND is 74-51 over the last 10 seasons (.592%), where's the beef?

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
I remember when he said Alabama was crap and couldn't get an elite coach. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon but he has been so wrong on too many of his "100%" calls.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.