Rolando retires from NFL...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Rolando "retires" from NFL...

Good Lord! I had no idea he'd banked 22.5 big ones. Probably the worst thing that could have happened to him. BTW, I'm from Decatur originally also. It's not the town...
Yeah, he probably still has more money than he could ever have imagined. If his heart isn't in it, I guess he decided what's the point.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Good Lord! I had no idea he'd banked 22.5 big ones. Probably the worst thing that could have happened to him. BTW, I'm from Decatur originally also. It's not the town...
So basically he "Took The Money & Run"..Dang Ro..Nice legacy you're leaving in the NFL..Not that you care..

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

What's the big deal man? We hold these kids in very very high regard because they wear crimson, and for us, we live vicariously through them. And just because you're good at something doesn't mean it's what life has in store for you (i.e. Glen Coffee). As I said in the thread about the Michigan St. recruit, football is quite possibly the worst sport you can participate in (specifically at that level) if your heart isn't completely in it. You can get yourself seriously injured.

It would've been great to see him play, but if that man's heart isn't in it, then it just isn't. He's made several questionable decisions that make it nearly impossible to give him the benefit of the doubt, but signing the man's death certificate because he decided he no longer wanted to do what everyone THINKS he SHOULD be doing, is a bit over the top.

Maybe walking away from football will help him to turn a new leaf....maybe....one can only hope.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

As for his money, the article said he made $22.85 million. At least half of that was wiped out by taxes, which includes state tax in California. He probably had a nice house out there and likely lived life large. I'm sure his posse had their hands out. While he is probably far from broke, that money can vanish in a hurry if you just go crazy.

The round Table had the Ravens beat writer on today. He said McClain hadn't been seen around the Ravens headquarters since he signed. No meetings, workouts, etc.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I predict right now he'll be dead broke inside of 5-7 yrs, if not sooner. As I mentioned in another thread a while back, this is so sad to watch. He's blessed with so much talent, but unfortunately has a huge deficiency when it comes to maturity.

Last edited:

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
He's demonstrated such destructive behavior there's got to be some demon he's carrying around that we may never know about. I hope there's someone in his life who can help straighten him out before it leads to something even more tragic.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
With his $22.5 mil., I guess $700,000 was not worth playing for this year. Why kill yourself for making that much? However, with early retirement he will not draw an NFL retirement. Obama, I mean Uncle Sam, is going to get a lot of that $22.5 mil. I'm sure IRS has already gotten its share.

What if Ozzie and the Ravens had provided incentives in that contract to make it worth giving his best? Would he have retired with a chance to
make much more with performance incentives?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
With his $22.5 mil., I guess $700,000 was not worth playing for this year. Why kill yourself for making that much? However, with early retirement he will not draw an NFL retirement. Obama, I mean Uncle Sam, is going to get a lot of that $22.5 mil. I'm sure IRS has already gotten its share.

What if Ozzie and the Ravens had provided incentives in that contract to make it worth giving his best? Would he have retired with a chance to
make much more with performance incentives?
Obama's not getting it. He won't make as much in his lifetime as Boo made his first year. Now can we please follow the site rules and keep our political remarks to the NS forum? I would appreciate it and our staff would also...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Ro is beginning to make McCants look like a choir boy.
I knew Keith when he first came here his problem was Not that he was mean he was the extreme opposite of Ro he was to nice & family & friends picked him clean like a buzzard. That & he had a serious drug problem.

He is trying to put his life back together now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.