Roll Tide...Who says this to you when you are out in public?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Roll Tdie...Who says this to you when you are out in public?

Living in TN most don't say anything but turn their heads but there's a few that tell me how CNS is cheating which makes me smile and tell them they'd give their right _ _ t if he was coaching the viles.
Yup. Fortunately at my work it's not too bad... we have a lot of "transplants" at the VA. But off campus...that gawdawful orange everywhere... blech...

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

I get it but I have found it's from either somebody that went to Alabama or somebody from the state. I guess with our success, we have picked up a fair amount of T-shirt fans with no idea now to properly greet another Bama fan in public.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I get it a lot when I am out biking. I am almost always wearing something Bama. I have had people yell it from their cars and sometime runners passing by as well. I have even gotten it from nonBama fans.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

I've gotten them randomly walking about. Best ones were at Disney World. Got several from employees (presumably Bama students working there) but the best one was at a parade in the Animal Kingdom when either Chip or Dale (I can never tell em apart) left the parade and came over and got my attention, pointed to my cap, and gave me a thumbs up and shook his fist. I took it as a 'Roll Tide' seeing as how they aren't allowed to talk.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

We say it in Houston/Katy all the time. In fact, I'm working in El Campo, southwest of Houston, and one of my co-workers is a Bama fan. We greet each other every morning with a "Roll Tide!"

theshow4jsu_13

3rd Team
Apr 13, 2007
Birmingham, AL
www.myspace.com

I both give and receive RT comments almost everyday here in northwest Florida. Yep. I get the occasional confrontationally-offered WE as well. I guess that makes them feel better. But we all know that part of their syndrome involves defining themselves through an essential and obsessed opposition to us. So a squandered opportunity to storm across a room and give an unsolicited and defiant WE to a Bama fan is a squandered opportunity for self-affirmation. That obsession with opposing Bama is so integral to what it means to be an Auburn fan that if we suddenly decided to quit playing football, I don't think it would be more than a season or two before they followed suit for lack of interest. Can't hate Bama anymore? No reason to continue playing.
I was in ATL for work back in February and I was in the hotel, getting on the elevator and the guy getting off sees my Bama jacket and says "war eagle", I just looked at him with pity and said I'm sorry...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Im in Ohio, and anytime I wear something with bama on it (Hat, shirt, etc) I always get a roll tide or two....and of course, I do the same anytime I notice anything bama related...

There's a suprising number of Bama transplants in the Dayton area....

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I say it to someone whenever I see them with Alabama stuff on. I get it said to me some up here. I think the "some" comes because seems like the newer fans don't know about this tradition.

deboard

Scout Team
Sep 1, 2009
I'm a manager at a BBQ place in Memphis. And wear my Bama hat daily and get at least five or six people everyday to say Roll Tide.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I've gotten them randomly walking about. Best ones were at Disney World. Got several from employees (presumably Bama students working there) but the best one was at a parade in the Animal Kingdom when either Chip or Dale (I can never tell em apart) left the parade and came over and got my attention, pointed to my cap, and gave me a thumbs up and shook his fist. I took it as a 'Roll Tide' seeing as how they aren't allowed to talk.
Be careful telling that story. People might think you were at a Chippendale show.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I was in ATL for work back in February and I was in the hotel, getting on the elevator and the guy getting off sees my Bama jacket and says "war eagle", I just looked at him with pity and said I'm sorry...
I have been very surprised at the number of Alabama fans here in Atlanta lately.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

One of the partners of my firm is a Clemson grad and he gives me a Roll Tide! every time he sees me (he is not in the office a lot).

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Living in Atlanta, anytime I wear my Bama gear, I get at least one Roll Tide. And anytime I see someone wearing Bama gear I give them a hearty Roll Tide.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Never say it in Alabama, but up here it is pretty frequent. I always say Roll Tide to any kids I see here with Bama gear on. Heard it in Canada last year.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Last fall, the day after the A&M game I was in the grocery store with one of my Bama caps on and a lady who had her teenage son with Gamecock stuff on looked at me sorta sad and said "I'm so sorry. Roll Tide."

I thought that was cool.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

Not uncommon in Williamsburg and the Tidewater area. Examples... Last week in a Newport News department store my wife and I exchanged "Roll Tide!" with a woman sporting the logo. Last weekend in the Colonial area I got a RT from a UGA grad.

My wife and I were in Richmond the past couple of days playing in a bridge tournament. At the hotel we were parked next to a gray van from Alabama with RT decor on the back and a script "A" on the side. I didn't encounter the owner of the van but whoever it is has a nice ride.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm in Tampa & you won't believe the number of people who come up to me while we are out & say Roll Tide!
This team really has TE respect nationally. Of course we are always wearing something with Bama on it &my wife's Mercedes has the Back to Back & script A om the back, she took off the Mercades plate holder for the NC Bama one.

What say you? Especially outside of Alabama?
I'm not surprised. Alabama has earned respect for dominating college football and representing the SEC so well.

I enjoy meeting Tide fans and always say "Roll Tide" whenever possible.

It's the civilized thing to do! :)

roltidejunky

Scout Team
Oct 22, 1999
Vicksburg, MS
Living in central Cali at Fort Hunter Liggett i get a lot of Roll Tides here on post. When we venture out to San Louis Obispo, CA (Home of Cal-Poly) i get a lot of Roll Tides and some smirks from on lookers. Without question they get a hearty southern Roll Tide in return.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.