*** DL / NG O.J. Smith Commits to Alabama ***

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: D.T. OJ Smith commits to Bama

There ya go. The sky is not falling and made out of Alabama recruiting.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Smith is a definite under-the-radar type, one that the recruiting services have barely given any attention. He played on a quality team and was very productive as a 5A player in Louisiana, but, that said, he hasn't really hit the camp circuit, so that explains a lot of the lack of attention from the so-called experts.

In any event, we've been on Smith for a while now, and we brought him in the for the A-Day game. Quality player, definitely in the general mold and stature of a Josh Chapman or Darren Lake, and moves pretty well laterally for his size. We'll bulk him up in the S&C program and he will play the nose for us.

Doubt he reneges on his commitment moving forward. Being a Louisiana kid I'm sure an offer from LSU would make him think twice, but I doubt that one comes because he's not really the type of player Chavis utilizes on his defensive fronts.

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Lets face it, the kind of run stuffing, traffic clogging "The Hutt" looking monster that we need for the center of our defense is never going to be rated highly by the recruiting services. But for us it's beautiful. It looks like championships.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

We got AJ, TJ, CJ and OJ and now another OJ! :cool2:

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Can't ever have enough OJ....pour me another glass. Welcome home.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

OJ played in the highest classification in Louisiana . His team loss to Cam Robinson's West Monroe in the playoffs. He had 26 TFL last season!! Quick burst, great hands, plays a little high. Parents originally from Alabama. He will shoot up the rankings once word gets out. Compared to Chapman and from I what read, Saban said he's the best he seen since Dareus.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Doubt he reneges on his commitment moving forward. Being a Louisiana kid I'm sure an offer from LSU would make him think twice, but I doubt that one comes because he's not really the type of player Chavis utilizes on his defensive fronts.
He's originally from Muscle Shoals, Alabama.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Saban said he's the best he seen since Dareus.
If true that is indeed high praise. I should not be surprised every year when Saban finds these guys not many people care about, but I am. I am continually blown away by our coaching staff. I thought two years ago it couldn't get better....I was wrong.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Rumor has it that Auburn is only buying apple juice in the athletic dept. they heard that OJ will kill ya ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.