What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
It saddens me that Blind Melon is a "one-hit wonder" and that their one hit was not really the most representative song of their discography. "No Rain" is a fine song that got way overplayed, but they are a great band. I've been listening to their album Soup recently and have been hooked on this great song whose video was shot shortly before their lead singer died.

Oh, and as great as the song is, the video is horrible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It saddens me that Blind Melon is a "one-hit wonder" and that their one hit was not really the most representative song of their discography. "No Rain" is a fine song that got way overplayed, but they are a great band. I've been listening to their album Soup recently and have been hooked on this great song whose video was shot shortly before their lead singer died.

Oh, and as great as the song is, the video is horrible.
i really liked their self-titled album. i think no rain was my least favorite song on it (it was a decent song, but overplayed). it was a great album. i never listened to any of their other stuff after that. blind melon and stp were the go-to music when i would drive out to the mtb trails east of atlanta when i first moved here in '93

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
i really liked their self-titled album. i think no rain was my least favorite song on it (it was a decent song, but overplayed). it was a great album. i never listened to any of their other stuff after that. blind melon and stp were the go-to music when i would drive out to the mtb trails east of atlanta when i first moved here in '93
I really liked the self-titled album also and when I first heard Soup I thought oh well the drugs have ruined Shannon Hoon. I picked it up a few years later and it hit me totally different. Way more adventurous than the first album and it takes a few listens to appreciate. Really a shame about Hoon. Drugs suck...

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I only even listened to their self-titled album when a friend left it in my car's CD player when I was 16 or 17. I listened to Tones of Home and Dear Ol' Dad a hundred times driving to and from college.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Thanks Gray and Bamaro......good stuff!!!

Happy Birthday Glen Campbell......79 years young today.

God bless with your Alzheimer's fight - we love you, man.

john hartford was the man, and this is a great song.

glen campbell got a lot of screen time in a documentary i saw recently, "the wrecking crew". it is available to rent on i-tunes. i thought it was very well done. i liked "muscle shoals" better (because i grew up not far from there) but wrecking crew was worth the watch. same m o, a core group of studio musicians that were behind a lot of the popular music at the time

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
john hartford was the man, and this is a great song.

glen campbell got a lot of screen time in a documentary i saw recently, "the wrecking crew". it is available to rent on i-tunes. i thought it was very well done. i liked "muscle shoals" better (because i grew up not far from there) but wrecking crew was worth the watch. same m o, a core group of studio musicians that were behind a lot of the popular music at the time
Good stuff I agree, 92.

When I was in school - back in the 70's - I absorbed everything I could out of Muscle Shoals.

The studio muscians didn't always get the credit they deserved but they were amazing!

On another and sad note...I just learned about Joni Mitchell's health situation....please get well, Joni..... :(

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
^^ Awesome...thanks Audio ^^

Just my opinion but they should have held a concert in Baltimore to pre-empt any demonstrations......would have turned everything around.

However the cynic in me says the objective for tptb was mayhem :(

Can't please everyone I guess....rock on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.