What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
*likes*

IMO single best performance I have ever seen of a song was when they did the Stairway to Heaven tribute on the Kennedy Center Honors for Led Zep. Nothing hotter than watching Nancy Wilson play the guitar.
Agreed. That was a great performance.

As was Heart when I saw them live in the late 70s. I remember them closing out with Zep's "Rock & Roll" that was fantastic.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I remember buying the first "Heart" album and how much Ann and Nancy looked alike on the cover. It was very intriguing....alas those were the days.....a great era for music.....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Grateful Dead. Noting twenty years since Jerry Garcias' death on August 9th, 1995.

Link to a post on The Strip with two tunes from their gig in Tuscaloosa in May of 1977; so clean they must be from the board. "Jack A Rpe" and "Terrapin Station"

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82562&page=121&
I saw them in Tampa in April of 1995 - little did I know it would only be a few months until Garcia died...

The Black Crowes opened - they were good, as usual.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I saw them in Tampa in April of 1995 - little did I know it would only be a few months until Garcia died...

i saw them one last time when they came through atlanta in spring 95 on the last night of the 4 night stand. my only "miracle ticket". friend of mine who worked at cnn called me up the morning of the show and said "you really like the dead don't you?" then she said, "meet me at the will call desk in 2 hrs" turns out she had somehow gotten some company tix and we had two great seats and backstage passes. unfortunately the show was less than stellar as garcia was a lifeless blob on stage, but it was still a good time and the [otherwise pretty weak] set list had a few songs i hadn't heard live.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i saw them one last time when they came through atlanta in spring 95 on the last night of the 4 night stand. my only "miracle ticket". friend of mine who worked at cnn called me up the morning of the show and said "you really like the dead don't you?" then she said, "meet me at the will call desk in 2 hrs" turns out she had somehow gotten some company tix and we had two great seats and backstage passes. unfortunately the show was less than stellar as garcia was a lifeless blob on stage, but it was still a good time and the [otherwise pretty weak] set list had a few songs i hadn't heard live.
april 5th 1995 my last show at the BJCC, I still have the shirt I bought but it so full of holes I can wear it anymore

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Went to a show in Highschool where a group of Highschool kids from Walton High in Marietta was playing. Mr Crowes Garden was what they called themselves. They were so, so bad that we made fun of them for the next year at least. My best friend and I would joke about any band who we would go to "who's the opening band going to be Mr Crowes Garden?" That sort of thing. Couple years later I catch this band on MTV playing an Odis Redding Cover, Mr Crowes Garden became the Black Crowes, never did learn to appreciate them

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
april 5th 1995 my last show at the BJCC, I still have the shirt I bought but it so full of holes I can wear it anymore
It's apparently in vogue to wear them like that with a intact t-shirt underneath. One of my daughters keeps stealing my old concert T-shirts from the 70's and 80's. I literally had to lock them up at one time.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It's apparently in vogue to wear them like that with a intact t-shirt underneath. One of my daughters keeps stealing my old concert T-shirts from the 70's and 80's. I literally had to lock them up at one time.
Funny, my wife won't let me wear it anymore. It is shredded but i'll never toss it. May frame it soon

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Funny, my wife let me wear it anymore. It is shredded but i'll never toss it. May frame it soon
i still have my favorite tie dye from those days. it long ago became a piece of cloth rather than a t-shirt. its been the wipe down cloth i keep in my guitar case for going on 15 years now.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
i still have my favorite tie dye from those days. it long ago became a piece of cloth rather than a t-shirt. its been the wipe down cloth i keep in my guitar case for going on 15 years now.
I still have a t-shirt from working in the crew of the 1977 Tuscaloosa gig. It's a Stealie logo on a beige shirt, with "University of Alabama May 17,1977" under the logo. "Stage Crew" lettering across the back of the shirt. Wore it that once, then washed and framed it.

The date was originally set for April 23, but the whole southern swing was reset by the Dead. Not having the Univ in session was a non-positive for attendance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.