What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Eddie Harsch died today, just found out, it bums me out. His playing brought me a lot of joy over the years. He really made this song sing.

Rest in peace, EH.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I listen to McCartney all the time. Some of his work with Wings is nothing short of pure genius! I had a buddy send me a couple CD's of his first two solo albums that were pressed from some special method to ensure clarity. Part of the love for his music I have no doubt comes from growing up with it...when that London Town album came out for example - I'll never forget the good friends of mine who lived at the end of the street - listening to this album at their house after a dinner of fresh Cobia my friend caught earlier in the day. Some good tunes....and some great conversation. We all moved from that street but oddly enough we both still live just down the street from each other further north towards the CG station now....closer to our best surf break here known as The Inlet. Small world as they say. Enough babbling - here's the video.....enjoy!

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Oldie but goodie. Some pitch manipulation and time stretching used but reminds me of this:

What do you mean 'formulaic music'?
Yeah, late 90s/early 00s alternative rock was pretty bad. The same renaissance that gave us good bands like REM also gave us Third Eye Blind, Puddle of Mudd and Nickelback. Rap had one too. Good artists like RZA gave way to Nelly and Soulja Boy. Neither compares to modern country's level of soulless vapidity though. Country hasn't had a spiritual or creative renaissance. Same shallow crap rehashed year after year.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah, late 90s/early 00s alternative rock was pretty bad.
Nothing's quite so bad as modern pop music, though. The homogenization that has occurred (which I used to be part of) has gotten us to the point where if you muted the vocal, you wouldn't know if it was a Katy Perry song or a Maroon5 song.

Modern pop is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Modern rock went through this phase 10 or so years ago and essentially died because of it, so now I sit praying for the day modern pop dies a fiery death.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Nothing's quite so bad as modern pop music, though. The homogenization that has occurred (which I used to be part of) has gotten us to the point where if you muted the vocal, you wouldn't know if it was a Katy Perry song or a Maroon5 song.

Modern pop is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Modern rock went through this phase 10 or so years ago and essentially died because of it, so now I sit praying for the day modern pop dies a fiery death.
lucky for me, i don't listen to modern pop and i also didn't listen to any modern rock other than occasionally hearing it in the background. my wife likes pop country so sometimes i get in the car and it is still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.