What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
With today's horrible news, I should be reminiscing on Prince right now. But the memory of his genius and virtuosity has me reviewing other greats. I forgot how wonderful Hendrix's Little Wing was. Here, as interpreted and played by the great SRV...

Last edited:

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

Donald Trump (black version), maybe that's what you need.
A man that fulfills your every wish, your every dream.
Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.
A 1990's love affair, the real romance.

How can he not use this for his campaign theme song?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Also an english band that was very popular everywhere except in the states is Status Quo. The only hit they had here was "Pictures of Matchstick Men". They're just a good straight ahead rock and roll band!
Ah..........a staple of my Pandora feed. Several versions, mostly live, so the royalties are less!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Getting back to Hendrix......we all have memories of his music...various songs...albums....concerts...etc. etc.

Couple things i remember was his first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show....somewhat controversial but more than anything extremely creative and new to the scene....everyone was talking about it in school the next day.

The second thing of note that I remember was listening to his album "The Cry of Love" when it came out in '71. I was sitting in another surfer's car at Main Street watching the waves before we went out....it was Rodney Nelson in fact.....it was his tape. Man....we listened to the entire freaking album and I'll never forget how amazing each song on that album was and how perfect the order they played in was. Hendrix produced quite a few noteworthy albums....but "The Cry of Love" - that's a special one for sure....

• Freedom
  • Drifting
  • Ezy Ryder
  • Night Bird Flying
  • My Friend
  • Straight Ahead
  • Astro Man
  • Angel
  • In From the Storm
  • Belly Button Window

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
that is a great song. del mccoury does a great version of it too

I'm a big bluegrass fan, but some songs just aren't suited for it. The original version by Richard Thompson is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I was privileged to see him perform it live at Birmingham's City Stages in the late 1990s / early 2000s.

The line, "I see angels on ariels in leather and chrome, swoopin' down from heaven to carry me home," has to be on anybody's top ten list of best lyrics of any genre.

What an image as one's last conscious perception!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.