Saw An Aggie With An Anti-Bama T-Shirt Last Week.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Last week my son's school had their annual spring band concert. I hustled over from the hospital and got seated in time to see the whole thing - a treat because it's rare. So we're milling around afterwards and saw a version of the second shirt on the left.

Now here's the deal. aTm deserved to win that particular Saturday. They outplayed us, they outgained us, they beat us. Don't like it, but they did.

But in what universe other than Auburn is 29-24 a "beatdown?" Particularly when we were six feet from taking it back after trailing 21-0. I have no qualm with shirts and celebrations. It's a little flattering that beating us means so much to them; had we beaten them I can assure you that not one single Tide fan would have celebrated like we'd just been released from prison.

"Beatdown?"

Wouldn't "We Were Lucky Enough To Hold A 21-Point Lead" - with a picture of the fumble pick up - have been more truthful advertising?

Rant over, RTR.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I don't believe their phenom QB will be able to match the scores that Bama's offense is certainly capable of posting this year. They will score...but in the end Bama's many weapons should overpower anything JFB will be able to achieve. Unless I am just so totally drinking the Kool-Aid that I have lost all sense of reality. I don't care...CNS makes great Kool-Aid.
Roll Tide!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
As many know, I am married to an Aggie so I've been around them for a while..... I am beginning to think the have a lot more 'sidewalk' fans than even AU. The one who went to aTm are not the issue. It is the Trash that grew up in the backwoods of TX that makes their fan base look like bigger trailer trash than WVU, AU or Miss St. Good news is once they lose 4 or 5 games this fall (BAMA, LSU, OLE MISS, ARKY, and possibly Mizz), most of the non alumni will quit wearing aTm stuff and go back to their Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr attire.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Their offense will score, but their defense lost a lot and will give up some points...in bunches. Let them gloat. They won; we didn't. This year is a new season. We'll see come September.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Yes, they deserved to win that game. Just like Bama deserved to win the National Championship. In the realm of things, I take our win way over their win!!

Dr. Van Nostran

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2006
3 miles from Bryant Denny Stadium.
Last week my son's school had their annual spring band concert. I hustled over from the hospital and got seated in time to see the whole thing - a treat because it's rare. So we're milling around afterwards and saw a version of the second shirt on the left.

Now here's the deal. aTm deserved to win that particular Saturday. They outplayed us, they outgained us, they beat us. Don't like it, but they did.

But in what universe other than Auburn is 29-24 a "beatdown?" Particularly when we were six feet from taking it back after trailing 21-0. I have no qualm with shirts and celebrations. It's a little flattering that beating us means so much to them; had we beaten them I can assure you that not one single Tide fan would have celebrated like we'd just been released from prison.

"Beatdown?"

Wouldn't "We Were Lucky Enough To Hold A 21-Point Lead" - with a picture of the fumble pick up - have been more truthful advertising?

Rant over, RTR.
To be fair, had the scores been reversed we would have told them "we just beat the hell outa you"!

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Hmmm, you'd think they'd have a better idea of what constitutes a beatdown after that 77-0 mercy killing OU put on them a few years ago. :conf2:

Time for a refresher I guess.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
After the last 10 or so years, I'm sure that the Aggies' standards have dropped considerably. A four-point victory for them constitutes a "beatdown" and for us it invokes explosions of imprecation, bouts of depression, and a week of hell, supervised by "the devil himself", at practice. ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Little brother syndrome. My only regret about taking them in is that they are the only little brother in the league where we don't already have big brother. Not really sure who is big/little in South Carolina, but they are the state university, so that should count for something.

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Well the only thing said who has won the National Title for 3 out of four years. Not aTm. Never should have let them into the SEC IMO.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
It's a bigger win for them (even tho they SURVIVE the game) than it is a loss to us. It's a price that comes with the territory. Let the South Carolina of the West Division enjoy the win.

Let them enjoy their most memorable victory in years.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Congratulations to them for beating the national champions. That's certainly something we can't claim in 2012. Wonder what that must have felt like.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

"Beatdown?"

Rant over, RTR.

Nothing personal, but sounds pretty much on a par with singing Rammer Jammer right after we eked out the win over Georgia in the SECChampionship game to me. No, while they won and deservedly so, they certainly didn't administer a beat down. On the other hand, it can hardly be truthfully said the we"beat the hell out of Georgia" either. Just two examples of trash talking with no basis in fact. :conf2:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have no real problem with the shirt. It doesn't mean that I agree with its sentiment or that I like it. I guess if we don't want stuff like that, we'll just have to beat them. As others have said, it's an honor that when someone beats us, it's a very big deal to them. I bet aTm didn't make shirts for all their other victories.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

"Beatdown?"

Rant over, RTR.
Just wait until the next time we play them. There won't be one of the aTm shirts bragging for 1,000 miles. I predict the aggies will be headed for the exits by 3rd quarter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.