Saw An Aggie With An Anti-Bama T-Shirt Last Week.....

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
My former boss is Aggie. I remember watching the Sec Championship game with him and he was pulling so hard for Alabama. I asked him why. His answer was that he felt the Alabama win was the biggest in school history and would only get bigger if Alabama won the title.
It could be argued that it put the finishing touches on the Heisman campaign for Johnny Football.

There's a psychology term for that but I'm not sure what it is.
Strength of Schedule.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Last week my son's school had their annual spring band concert. I hustled over from the hospital and got seated in time to see the whole thing - a treat because it's rare. So we're milling around afterwards and saw a version of the second shirt on the left.

Now here's the deal. aTm deserved to win that particular Saturday. They outplayed us, they outgained us, they beat us. Don't like it, but they did.

But in what universe other than Auburn is 29-24 a "beatdown?" Particularly when we were six feet from taking it back after trailing 21-0. I have no qualm with shirts and celebrations. It's a little flattering that beating us means so much to them; had we beaten them I can assure you that not one single Tide fan would have celebrated like we'd just been released from prison.

"Beatdown?"

Wouldn't "We Were Lucky Enough To Hold A 21-Point Lead" - with a picture of the fumble pick up - have been more truthful advertising?

Rant over, RTR.
It's a beatdown in the same universe where we would have played Rammer Jammer had we won 29-24

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I can say nothing about Texas A&M's freshman season in the SEC except that it was fantastic. One good season however does not make you a perennial power. We have seen many a flash in the pan. They had two NFL ready tackles, one of them was almost the first player taken. (Now they have one). They lost a bunch off their defense. They have Manzel and that makes them dangerous as long as he is upright. But they also had virtually zero injuries last year. That rarely happens, and it even more rarely happens two years in a row. I think they have really been milking their victory in Tuscaloosa for all it's worth. I don't know if that cow has not keeled over and died.

All I can say is we will be ready on 9/14. Elephants have a long memory.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
The SEC Logo twitter page posted a picture by Anthony Steen showing his 3 rings from this season in the box. The first three replies were A&M fans saying they were glad to see the loss to them on the box.

I can say nothing about Texas A&M's freshman season in the SEC except that it was fantastic. One good season however does not make you a perennial power. We have seen many a flash in the pan. They had two NFL ready tackles, one of them was almost the first player taken. (Now they have one). They lost a bunch off their defense. They have Manzel and that makes them dangerous as long as he is upright. But they also had virtually zero injuries last year. That rarely happens, and it even more rarely happens two years in a row. I think they have really been milking their victory in Tuscaloosa for all it's worth. I don't know if that cow has not keeled over and died.

All I can say is we will be ready on 9/14. Elephants have a long memory.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Remember that was the game AFTER LSwho. We were still flat footed after that game. This year, we will be fresh. This reminds me of the year Florida won it all and Ole Sis had Ole Miss 41 National Champions 40 tshirts.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
It's a beatdown in the same universe where we would have played Rammer Jammer had we won 29-24

I see your point, but there is something inherently different between a traditional "win" song and making a t-shirt to wear after one particular victory. I don't begrudge the Aggies their joy, but the two aren't the same.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Last week my son's school had their annual spring band concert. I hustled over from the hospital and got seated in time to see the whole thing - a treat because it's rare. So we're milling around afterwards and saw a version of the second shirt on the left.

Now here's the deal. aTm deserved to win that particular Saturday. They outplayed us, they outgained us, they beat us. Don't like it, but they did.

But in what universe other than Auburn is 29-24 a "beatdown?" Particularly when we were six feet from taking it back after trailing 21-0. I have no qualm with shirts and celebrations. It's a little flattering that beating us means so much to them; had we beaten them I can assure you that not one single Tide fan would have celebrated like we'd just been released from prison.

"Beatdown?"

Wouldn't "We Were Lucky Enough To Hold A 21-Point Lead" - with a picture of the fumble pick up - have been more truthful advertising?

Rant over, RTR.
the fact is as you said; they were the only team that beat the national champs last season; thier first year in the SEC. So yes, let them celebrate...until september 14th, 2013.

then I hope, and expect, we'll get the only thing that really matters; a win.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
If he didn't have a ring, he's a t shirt fan. In the future, look to see if they are wearing the ring. All Ags (graduates) have one and they are all the same. He was probably wearing longhorn tshirts last year. Can't control what tshirts people buy at walmart. The revenues to A&M from tshirts is nice though! Nothing wrong with having tshirt fans, Bama has a few of those too. I even see them in Midland, Tx every once in a while.
@bamaslama, we'll be ready too! Can't wait!

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Remember that was the game AFTER LSwho. We were still flat footed after that game. This year, we will be fresh. This reminds me of the year Florida won it all and Ole Sis had Ole Miss 41 National Champions 40 tshirts.
No excuse for a loss at home in November with a NC on the line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.