S Ronnie Clark Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Is this another in state stud we are passing on? AU and FSU are really gonna have a good class with kids we choose to let go.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Is this another in state stud we are passing on? AU and FSU are really gonna have a good class with kids we choose to let go.
Well we can't sign them all. :D

I continue to have the utmost faith in our staff as they have done a pretty fair job in identifying talent so far. Agreed?

FAN4EVR

1st Team
Nov 22, 2006
Calera, Al
I think Ronnie would be a great fit. I am pretty close to the Calera Program and can tell you with fair certainty that if we want him, he wants to be at Bama. If he does end up at the barn it will be because we truly had higher guys on our list.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think Ronnie would be a great fit. I am pretty close to the Calera Program and can tell you with fair certainty that if we want him, he wants to be at Bama. If he does end up at the barn it will be because we truly had higher guys on our list.
This is the result of Bama's recruiting going national as it as done in the past few seasons. These kids like Clark and Casher who, it sounds like, would crawl on their hands and knees to T-town if they had a commitable offer are being forced to consider the Barn and other programs.

Of course, we can't argue with CNS's approach here because we are getting the best of the best.

A few more NC will make us all feel better about losing a few in-state prospects!:smile:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
FWIW, it is correct that we have a couple of safety prospects higher on our board right now. Two of those guys are, namely, Tony Brown and Davion Hall (the Baylor commitment). The problem is that Brown will be a tough pull away from Texas A&M and LSU, and though the odds look pretty good that we can flip Hall -- who the staff really likes as a safety, too -- as of right now he wants to play wide receiver at the next level and we've told him that we will give him that chance.

I will add, though, that all of this talk of us backing off Clark makes no sense to me. We just had him on campus a couple of weeks back, and we're trying to get him back on campus again before he announces his decision. We'll see, but that doesn't sound like someone we are backing off of to me.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
FWIW, it is correct that we have a couple of safety prospects higher on our board right now. Two of those guys are, namely, Tony Brown and Davion Hall (the Baylor commitment). The problem is that Brown will be a tough pull away from Texas A&M and LSU, and though the odds look pretty good that we can flip Hall -- who the staff really likes as a safety, too -- as of right now he wants to play wide receiver at the next level and we've told him that we will give him that chance.

I will add, though, that all of this talk of us backing off Clark makes no sense to me. We just had him on campus a couple of weeks back, and we're trying to get him back on campus again before he announces his decision. We'll see, but that doesn't sound like someone we are backing off of to me.
Per 247Sports, Ronnie will be on campus this weekend. I agree with your overall opinion.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Do you think this visit it to solidify him, or turn him?

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
Well I graduated from Calera many years ago and I'm really pulling for RC to play for Bama. For a small town (at least it was 20 years ago) it would be a shame for the biggest prospect I can remember going to the bad guys! RTR!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Do you think this visit it to solidify him, or turn him?
Neither, really. You recruit 'em the same either way.

FWIW, I tend to doubt a definitive decision has been made yet on his part. He has been considered a likely 'Bama signee for quite some time now, and it's probably still leaning in that direction, but admittedly it's gotten a lot closer in recent weeks.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well I graduated from Calera many years ago and I'm really pulling for RC to play for Bama. For a small town (at least it was 20 years ago) it would be a shame for the biggest prospect I can remember going to the bad guys! RTR!
It's the new Alabaster now bro. You would NOT recognize it now. We re-built every single powerline down Hwy 31 and most down Hwy 25 all the way to Montevallo back around 1999 and it when I moved in with my "would be wife" then when she lived in Jemison it was totally different. Big time development near the Interstate. Calera is a 4A school now too, I remember playing against them in our area in baseball and we were 2A back in the late 90's.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
al.com reporting two more visits (one to the good guys, one to the school down the road) before his decision. Any insight on that anyone? I'm thinking the guy is torn. Really would like to see him in Ttown.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
When is Clark going to commit? Does he have a committable offer? I would certainly think he does, but I thought he would be in the bag for us by now.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Man, he is an awfully good looking player to pass on if that is the case. Bama really does cherry pick if they are not sure about this kid because of better possibilities

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Re: Ronnie Clark: could he be a better person than he is a player?

Wow, what a great read.
Sounds mature beyond his years, and night and day difference between RC and another certain "I'm 20" athlete we've read so much about lately.
No doubt, he will be an asset to any team he commits to, and I wish him well whatever his decision. Would love to have him at Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.