Loss of a TideFan

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Like others I didn't realize Banjeaux was sick. Thank you for letting his Crimson brothers and sisters know. He will be sorely missed around here and I'm sad to know he will no longer be around. I am very sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace, Banjeaux.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
I intended to say that his mother had a home in "Chickasaw"... His family had homes in Whistler and was originally from the Perdido area... I'm not thinking as clearly as I should be.

Byron

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
So sorry for your family's loss. I wish I had known Banjeaux better. Always enjoyed his posts and his insight; and his great, great sense of humor. Rest in peace.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
There are many others like me who rarely post but read a lot. I always enjoyed his posts and commentary. I really enjoyed reading your father's comments; I am sure he was quite the pistol in real life. I pray you and yours are granted the peace that passes all understanding. God bless.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am heartbroken. We had no idea he was even ill. He posted regularly right up the end with no mention of being sick at all. I always hate losing another old timer. He was exactly 20 days older than I...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Like the others, I had no clue he was ill nor do I recall him ever mentioning having had cancer. I am deeply sorry for your loss. He will be missed around here as we had many lively discussions around here. I didn't always agree with him, but always enjoyed his perspective.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
TideFans,

Our father "Banjeaux" passed away Friday of complications from cancer. He was an avid poster on here and of course an ardent Bama fan... Thank you for providing him with a terrific community to reach out to from his home here in south Louisiana. He will be sorely missed.

The obituary can be viewed here: http://www.honakerforestlawn.com/sitemaker/sites/HONAKE1/obit.cgi?user=996042Havard

Thanks again,
Byron Havard
Hello Byron....thanks for letting us know and please accept our sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. Like everyone else here, I am in shock....we have enjoyed Banjeaux's participation and conversations here and will miss him greatly to say the least.

Thanks as well for the obituary - nice photo and good to put a face to a name.

Rejoined at last with The Bear and will have the best seats in the house for continued football championships.

Rest in Peace....and Roll Tide forever Banjeaux....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I feel like I lost a dear friend. I will miss him.

My name is also Byron. I lost my Dad three years ago to Cancer. I am sorry for this. I wish your family peace....

A man's legacy is how he touched others. Banjeaux (my ally in non sports political battles) always managed to take my points and soften them for me. He sounds like he was a good man. I am sorry I never met him.

RTR Banjeaux :(

Last edited:

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
1st CF1 & now banjeaux....sad days indeed.....RIP..... I raise a glass to both in celebration to their lives here.....:cheers2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wow, I'm speechless - I had no idea he was ill. Ever witty even unto the end, I'm thankful he shared his time here with us. Prayers to you, his family, and thanks for sharing him with us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.