Darius Paige and Johnathon Cook Qualify; Robert Foster Update (Page 15)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Re: Darius Paige and Jonathan Cook Update Thread (Page 7)

Our depth up front on D just got better.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Darius Paige and Jonathan Cook Update Thread (Page 7)

Great news on Paige, and honestly a bit unexpected. When he didn't get a bump in his ACT score, I was afraid he was all but JUCO-bound. Good player here, and he's got some real upside; we wouldn't have came this far with him had that not been the case. That said, however, with his late arrival I imagine he's all but destined for a redshirt, barring a nasty run of injuries up front.

As for Foster, the Clearinghouse has apparently demanded more information and documentation on a summer course that he took, which is what most figured.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Darius Paige Qualifies; Robert Foster and Jonathan Cook Await Clearinghouse (Page

Bone just reported that Cook has been cleared academically and is reporting to Bama this evening.

Roll Tide

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Re: Darius Paige Qualifies; Robert Foster and Jonathan Cook Await Clearinghouse (Page

Fantastic, keeping fingers crossed for Robert Foster.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Bone just reported that Cook has been cleared academically and is reporting to Bama this evening.

Roll Tide
He can see a lot of playing time this year. Glad to hear he's in. RTR

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Cook made some very mature comments about being cleared and heading to T-Town now to be the best he can at all areas, not just football but classroom, weight room, etc.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Re: Darius Paige and Johnathon Cook Qualify; Robert Foster Awaits Clearinghouse (Page

As much as I want Robert to qualify, WR is the position with the best depth compared to DB and DL. I'm sure glad DP made it in and Cook could add some depth if needed. This staff is so good at evaluating talent and finding the players that fit the system and will work hard to do what it takes to get eligible.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Darius Paige and Johnathon Cook Qualify; Robert Foster Awaits Clearinghouse (Page

Great to hear Darius and Johnathon are in. I so want Robert to get in. I know they are all very good players but I think Robert is in the Julio/Amari category in talent.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

As much as I want Robert to qualify, WR is the position with the best depth compared to DB and DL. I'm sure glad DP made it in and Cook could add some depth if needed. This staff is so good at evaluating talent and finding the players that fit the system and will work hard to do what it takes to get eligible.
It might have depth but a talent like Robert Foster you WANT on campus. Period. Kid is a beast!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

It might have depth but a talent like Robert Foster you WANT on campus. Period. Kid is a beast!
Probably been mentioned before, but want him there to revel in three years of having the names "Rob. Foster" and "Reub. Foster" on the backs of 'Bama jerseys.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Can't help but be concerned that Foster is still in limbo even as the second summer session gets going. FWIW, he's the most talented of the final three, and the least likely to re-sign with us in the event that he has to go post-graduate or JUCO.

OTOH, in terms of need from a depth perspective, Cook was the real key here. Not sure how much he can contribute this season as a first year player who arrived late, but at this point I'm willing to take any cornerback with a pulse.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Would you say that Foster getting in is 50/50 at best?
I wouldn't put any numbers on it, but as long as he has been in Clearinghouse limbo, obviously there is a very, very real chance that he doesn't make it in.

At this point, though, there is just no news and no one knows what to make of it because most people, including the staff, thought he would have been in by now. Again, though, any time the Clearinghouse keeps you this long, it's a bad thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.