Darius Paige and Johnathon Cook Qualify; Robert Foster Update (Page 15)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Trying to confirm ,but :
5* reuben foster
5* jonathan allen
5* a'shawn robinson
4* tim williams
4* dee liner
4* altee tennpenny
4* maurice smith
4* alvin kamara
4* ardarius stewart
4* grant hill
4* eddie jackson
4* tyren jones
3* walker jones
5* robert foster- wednesday

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: 2013 Class Of Arrivals so far:

About Cole Mazza?
Speaking of Cole Mazza..A friend sent me this article on FaceBook from Chris Sailers Kicking web site about Mazza..After reading this..I understans why he's the 1st long snapper to be offered by Alabama

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

When someone gets ranked a 5 star Long Snapper in their sophomore year, is the first offered a full scholarship by Nick Saban and continually dominates, one would expect that Long Snapper to rest on their laurels....this is NOT the case for Mazza. In all my years of running the Vegas Event, I can honestly say I have never seen such an overall dominant performance by a Long Snapper. All day Saturday and Sunday, there was no doubt he was the best in the country. He tied the record on The Target, had the fastest overall average snap time for 15 yards (.58!) and eventually won the entire Event by never missing the Finals Round Target. Mazza is as good, if not better, than advertised. If he continues at this pace with his snapping and his attitude, there is no telling how far he can go.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

Assuming he stays healthy, puts on a little bit more muscle, he could make himself a nice little career in the NFL as a LS.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012

Wow. Only two questions marks, there's a lot to be said in that statement right there. Great job guys.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Some guys are still trying to get some things approved by the Clearinghouse, but really only two guys who are a concern at this point: Darius Paige and Jonathan Cook.

Problem is, though, that both look to have some real work to do. Paige is having to re-take the ACT this June, which means even in a best-case scenario he will report late (perhaps even in August), and if he fails to sufficiently improve his score he will almost certainly be JUCO bound. And though information has been fairly sparse on Cook, I think he's basically in the same boat ... improve the ACT score or head to JUCO.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Speaking of Cole Mazza..A friend sent me this article on FaceBook from Chris Sailers Kicking web site about Mazza..After reading this..I understans why he's the 1st long snapper to be offered by Alabama

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

with us losing Carson tinker...this is an underrated recruit, IMO....

When someone gets ranked a 5 star Long Snapper in their sophomore year, is the first offered a full scholarship by Nick Saban and continually dominates, one would expect that Long Snapper to rest on their laurels....this is NOT the case for Mazza. In all my years of running the Vegas Event, I can honestly say I have never seen such an overall dominant performance by a Long Snapper. All day Saturday and Sunday, there was no doubt he was the best in the country. He tied the record on The Target, had the fastest overall average snap time for 15 yards (.58!) and eventually won the entire Event by never missing the Finals Round Target. Mazza is as good, if not better, than advertised. If he continues at this pace with his snapping and his attitude, there is no telling how far he can go.

He was one of the more undderrated recruits from the past class, especially since we lost Carson Tinker to graduation...

The kicking game doesnt get nearly as much attention as offense or defense, unless theres a missed field goal.....or a bad snap.

:)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Some guys are still trying to get some things approved by the Clearinghouse, but really only two guys who are a concern at this point: Darius Paige and Jonathan Cook.

Problem is, though, that both look to have some real work to do. Paige is having to re-take the ACT this June, which means even in a best-case scenario he will report late (perhaps even in August), and if he fails to sufficiently improve his score he will almost certainly be JUCO bound. And though information has been fairly sparse on Cook, I think he's basically in the same boat ... improve the ACT score or head to JUCO.
Cook made a 22 on the ACT so it's his grades. Paige would have June and July to take the ACT maybe even one more try depending on the test schedule.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

If a kid scores a 22 on his ACT and still has grade issues, he must be a very unique case. Or a bum.
That may be true, but his grades could be low from being a 9th grade kid not realizing that could play college football one day. There are quite a few kids that never get a chance at college because they find out late in their high school life that they do want to go to college or find out they do have the talent to go play a college sport.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

That may be true, but his grades could be low from being a 9th grade kid not realizing that could play college football one day. There are quite a few kids that never get a chance at college because they find out late in their high school life that they do want to go to college or find out they do have the talent to go play a college sport.
Problem with that is that Cook isn't a late bloomer. I taught high school for quite a while and it's a rare case for a kid to have serious classroom issues but a solid ACT unless they're Rain Man or just totally, completely disinterested in school.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

From what I've been led to believe, if that is his ACT score improvement then that will draw red flags.
He scored a 22 awhile ago.(in december if I remember correctly) It's been his core classes. And to stay eligable in high school you have Athletics to help , but Colleges don't recognize those classes so it drops their core GPA low usually and they have to make it up. So, He has screwed around for possible 2 or 3 years and trying to make it up in 1 or 2 years. He has nobody to blame ,but himself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.