Link: OT Cameron Robinson Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'm excited about this. This would put us firmly at number 1. I'm still cautious.
Without being in the know, there are 2 possible thought processes: (1) A LA kid with the in-state pressure would not announce this early unless he was heading to LSU so he avoids the negative backlash if he goes anywhere else; or (2) he's been leaning to us; he and Sims are close; Sims' commitment was the icing on the cake and he's ready to pull the trigger to help with other LA kids. Since he's an early enrollee, a commitment now (with either option) also allows him to focus on his last year playing HS football. I think (no inside info) it's closer to #2.

Without being in the know, there are 2 possible thought processes: (1) A LA kid with the in-state pressure would not announce this early unless he was heading to LSU so he avoids the negative backlash if he goes anywhere else; or (2) he's been leaning to us; he and Sims are close; Sims' commitment was the icing on the cake and he's ready to pull the trigger to help with other LA kids. Since he's an early enrollee, a commitment now (with either option) also allows him to focus on his last year playing HS football. I think (no inside info) it's closer to #2.
Yeah I agree!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If he`s really announcing Friday, that worries me. I lived for years amongst the Whos, and it`s just incredible. They can make a kid`s life a living hell. That would be particularly so if West Monroe is overwhelmingly an LSU town (I lived in the NO area).

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Robinson seems like an awesome talent, would love to have him anchoring the line.
Here's hoping he picks the Tide.
He'll be an EE also, correct?

Btw, the LSU board (rant) is in a 60 pg meltdown over this already...they seem to think it's Bama.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Or, here's another scenario - he's good friends with Sims, and his commitment to Bama would take some of the pressure off Sims. (Strength in numbers, so to speak). JMO.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Did not Tim Williams announce early last year? I don't remember any comments about all the negative impact on him and he came from BR, IIRC. Monroe, while in La almost isn't and has been CNS stronghold, right?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Did not Tim Williams announce early last year? I don't remember any comments about all the negative impact on him and he came from BR, IIRC. Monroe, while in La almost isn't and has been CNS stronghold, right?
It's in the bag, Andrew Bone(r) is saying Robinson is ours ;). Seriously, too much smoke here and I think Cam comes to the good side on Friday. If it happens, he will be the crown jewel of this class regardless of who else commits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tim Williams was a late addition to the 2013 class.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Not only is this one a curveball, this one is a big sweeping curveball that came from the left field stands instead of the pitcher's mound. Absolutely no one saw this one coming, and I think both sides are just absolutely raw nerves at this point.

A lot of LSU fans are really upset and pessimistic over this one, but it's hard to say how much of that is substance and how much of that is habit that has been ingrained into their minds over the years by Nick.

No doubt LSU has closed the gap a good bit in recent weeks, and they have been on Robinson very hard. OTOH, we were his clear leader for a long time, and the recent commitment of Sims certainly didn't hurt our effort. We've got a legitimate offer of early playing time, too. I like our chances on Friday.

Biggest issue here will be long-term commitment. It's still a long time until he enrolls, and regardless of where he commits in a couple of days, the team on the losing end of this one isn't going to stop recruiting him. Commitment or not, this one may still go to the very end.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Lets remember Kipp Adams set up shop in WM last week and did an interview with Cam. Afterwards Kipp hinted that Robinson may now announce earlier.

Yesterday morning before all the tweets this was posted on another free site.

Again the stars are starting to align here. Just saying.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Biggest issue here will be long-term commitment. It's still a long time until he enrolls, and regardless of where he commits in a couple of days, the team on the losing end of this one isn't going to stop recruiting him. Commitment or not, this one may still go to the very end.
Unless I've misunderstood you, isn't Cam Robinson still expected to enroll early?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not only is this one a curveball, this one is a big sweeping curveball that came from the left field stands instead of the pitcher's mound. Absolutely no one saw this one coming, and I think both sides are just absolutely raw nerves at this point.

A lot of LSU fans are really upset and pessimistic over this one, but it's hard to say how much of that is substance and how much of that is habit that has been ingrained into their minds over the years by Nick.

No doubt LSU has closed the gap a good bit in recent weeks, and they have been on Robinson very hard. OTOH, we were his clear leader for a long time, and the recent commitment of Sims certainly didn't hurt our effort. We've got a legitimate offer of early playing time, too. I like our chances on Friday.

I hope everybody`s right about CR`s committment, but I`m telling you that BET`s right about how this thing will play out. LSU fans have to be experienced first hand! I truly hope I`m just being a worry wart, but I kind of wish that CR was not announcing so soon. If anything, IMHO, his waiting would send a more positive message IMHO.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I hope everybody`s right about CR`s committment, but I`m telling you that BET`s right about how this thing will play out. LSU fans have to be experienced first hand! I truly hope I`m just being a worry wart, but I kind of wish that CR was not announcing so soon. If anything, IMHO, his waiting would send a more positive message IMHO.
I dont think this is a worry, honestly. If hes made his decision for us, he may be just announcing it to get out from all the clutter. I dont see him announcing early as any indication he's picking LSU at all.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Well thank God he's an EE so that he won't have to endure as long. I think on a side note as long as OJ Smith and Cam Sims stay committed it will help keep his mind on track about leaving LSU country.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
IMO, with all the information from both sides, I tend to believe that Robinson has been a silent commitment for sometime. with Sims recent commitment to Bama, it was the sign he was looking for to make his intentions known. many of the LSU fans are not very happy with their OL Coach Studwara's (sp.?) performance on and off the field. he has been recruiting CR since the 9th grade, and from the look of things could possibly lose a 5* and the #1 overall player in the country (who just happens to be from their own backyard) to their hated division rival!! not to mentioned missing on a great prospect with a position of need for LSU. the other sensible LSU fans completely understand his " business" choice if he selects Alabama, who many acknowleged has a proven track record of placing OLinemen in the 1st round under Saban.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
with Duvall, Collins, Bell, Sylve and Falkins on the roster, it will seem like home to Sims and Robinson. :smile:
My thoughts exactly SJ. It's not like this is the first time we have raided LA for their top talent and it can't get any worse than Landon's mom's reaction and pressure she put on him after he committed at UAAA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.