Link: OT Cameron Robinson Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Cameron Robinson down to Bama and LSU

That's good news. IIRC, If he is an EE I don't think he can wait until the UA AA game since he will need to enroll prior to the game.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

That's good news. IIRC, If he is an EE I don't think he can wait until the UA AA game since he will need to enroll prior to the game.
That game is usually prior to the enrollment date for the spring semester at both Alabama and LSU. He'll likely have his ducks in a row for either and then sign with his choice at the AA game.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

As I said in the earlier thread, Robinson is our best bet for a big-time pull from Louisiana this season. We've been in on him very hard, and he's been pretty responsive to us. You might even venture to say that we lead at this point, but obviously we've got a very long way to go here.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Because Ronnie Clark previously lived in Louisiana, isn't he good friends with Robinson?

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL

As I said in the earlier thread, Robinson is our best bet for a big-time pull from Louisiana this season. We've been in on him very hard, and he's been pretty responsive to us. You might even venture to say that we lead at this point, but obviously we've got a very long way to go here.
I've heard several people say that we have the inside track for Fournette. I thought it was a given he would go to LSU.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Tweeted he will be in town this weekend.
That would be huge if CR would come back to T-Town for the third time in little over a month. Looks like he likes what UA is saying and UA landing a OL commitment can only help UA to get that commitment earlier, not that Talamaivao is in the same OL position but could help solidify that OL class

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Robinson has been a mainstay in Tuscaloosa the past few months, so no real surprise to see talk of him coming back to town this weekend. Like I've said before, we've got some very strong feedback from this kid, and we are right there in the hunt. Don't know if we can seal the deal down the stretch, but by no means is this one of the longshot hopes on an out-of-state kid.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I know we get excited about running back, qbs, receivers...d-linemen, even defensive backs...but it's these types of recruits like Robinson and VT that is the foundation of our recent championships.

'09 is proof in that we didn't have the qb, receivers, etc. that we have today but we could put MI in the "wildcat" and everybody knew what was about to happen but nobody could stop it!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

After visiting Tuscaloosa again a couple of months back, it's pretty clear we lead for this one. Seems like we have a fairly decent lead now, too.

Long way to go, though, and he won't leave Louisiana without a huge fight from LSU. Miles wants this kid very badly.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I didn't realize this, but Alabama had more first round OL in April than Les Miles has had in 8 years at LSU.
Les has always had very strong line play at LSU, on both sides of the ball, but on the offensive side it's always been more of a workman-like effort, with no real true star players at offensive tackle. They've had several star signees at the position over the years -- Davenport, Faulk, Collins, etc. -- but none have really turned into elite OTs that the NFL would pounce on with a very high draft pick.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

From what I've heard (as BET said yesterday), our lead with Robinson has grown. Not only is our program a better fit for him than LSU, but with Cyrus expected to leave early for the NFL after this year he has a real shot to compete for the LT spot from the moment he steps on campus. It's not very often a true freshmen has that shot at UA (especially now), and if anyone can do it...it's him.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

From what I've heard (as BET said yesterday), our lead with Robinson has grown. Not only is our program a better fit for him than LSU, but with Cyrus expected to leave early for the NFL after this year he has a real shot to compete for the LT spot from the moment he steps on campus. It's not very often a true freshmen has that shot at UA (especially now), and if anyone can do it...it's him.
A few big things I'm sure the staff has pointed out:

1) Every strting LT under CNS was drafted in Round 1 (Andre, Carpenter, and in all likelihood CK)

2) CK is likely a top 10 pick, meaning he'll be going pro and LT is very wide open for him to start as a true freshman.

narddogg81

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2012

A few big things I'm sure the staff has pointed out:

1) Every strting LT under CNS was drafted in Round 1 (Andre, Carpenter, and in all likelihood CK)

2) CK is likely a top 10 pick, meaning he'll be going pro and LT is very wide open for him to start as a true freshman.
you forgot barrett jones started as left tackle as well and did not go in the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.