Phillip Ely Transferring to Toledo

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Second week Upset Special! MO loses AT Toledo!

He has a heck of an OL!

-When it came to protecting the quarterback and not allowing TFL’s, the Toledo offensive line was by far the best in the country ranking #1 in both as they incredibly only allowed 6 sacks last year despite being a pro-style offense. This year they return 9 of their top 10 guys (100 career starts) and are one of the best OL’s in the country.

http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2014/JULY14/DBJuly17.html

Last edited:

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
nice stats for the start of the season for Ely

Ely won a three-man quarterback competition in the preseason for the starting job.

In two starts, Ely was 41-of-68 passing for 541 yards with four touchdowns and one interception.
The redshirt junior transfer from Alabama does not yet have a date for the surgery, and Campbell said he does not know what Ely’s eligibility situation will be next season. UT will explore the possibility of a medical redshirt for Ely, Campbell said.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Looks like he's good to go. I don't usually keep up with too many former players, but Ely's one of the exceptions (Like Dee Hart last year at CSU). I always heard good things about him while he was on campus & I'll gladly root for him at Toledo this fall.

Phillip Ely On the Mend

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.