Phillip Ely Transferring to Toledo

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
A tough situation being in the QB "squeeze", with a consecutive-champ ahead of you and a stable of fresh highly-recruited talent behind you. He might in effect sit on the bench for a year at Alabama and then get overtaken next year. This is probably the right call for him, best wishes for him at Toledo.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
Nice soft landing. None of the usual, guy leaving the program, limits on where he can go, rumors about the reason, school visits, choice made. This looks like it was handled behind the scenes with no drama. Process had to be blessed by Saban. Let's hope more end this way. Kid has a good attitude and I expect his experience will carry him far.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ely told Bruce Feldman he also considered USF (that rumor came out in March or April), Illinois and Vanderbilt.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Hate it didn't work out for him, but he does have some rings to take with him. Best of luck to him, hopefully he can lead the Rockets to a championship.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Best of luck to him. Looks like Sims is the back up right which could change soon.
Problem for Sims is he doesn't run our offense much better than the guys behind him. Phillip's transfer benefits A. Morris most. BTW: At A-Day Morris showed he can step into the Offense w/o major changes to our scheme.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Best of luck to him and I do suspect CNS put in a good word for him at Toledo. I expect with only 8 QBs left we will see more attrition by next spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.