Texas Tech and Arkansas Announce Series for 2014 and 2015

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Nothing is really changing, Arkansas usually schedules home and homes with teams like Texas Tech. Most all schools schedule one non gimmie game non con game a year. Arkansas has home and homes with Michigan and TCU in the future as well. What is changing is the news that Arkansas State is supposedly getting a home and home with Miami and has one with Missouri. ASU's stadium in Jonesboogie holds 30,000.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I think we're about to see more of this and the beginning of the end of a lot the "Georgia St vs Alabama" games. But there does need to be a purging of the FBS. Too many teams.
Those November games aren't going away until there is a 9 game SEC schedule. There's no other OOC teams to fill that schedule spot, when BCS level schools are also in the midst of their conference schedules at that point.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If I was an Arkansas fan, I'd rather see the hogs renew their series with the longhorns and play every yr as a permanent OOC opponent instead of a h/h with the red raiders.

Last edited:

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
Nothing is really changing, Arkansas usually schedules home and homes with teams like Texas Tech. Most all schools schedule one non gimmie game non con game a year. Arkansas has home and homes with Michigan and TCU in the future as well. What is changing is the news that Arkansas State is supposedly getting a home and home with Miami and has one with Missouri. ASU's stadium in Jonesboogie holds 30,000.
Miami wishes they could get 30k to show up for one of their home games.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Most Arkansas fans under 35 don't have a connection to the hate we over 35 have. I'm over it, I just as soon play them in bowl games and play home and homes with TCU and SMU on a regular basis in the Metroplex since it's our largest out of state alumni base and easy trip for most of us Arkansans. Heck, I'd rather play Memphis home and homes and have a defacto home game in Memphis every few years to make up for our lessening Little Rock presence. Screw the tea sips. We do have a home game to schedule with them in 2021. Mack Brown will be long gone. Our game with TAMU moves back to Dallas after this year for a few years. If that game eventually goes away, most seem to think a Dallas game against Okie St would be the route to go.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think we're about to see more of this and the beginning of the end of a lot the "Georgia St vs Alabama" games. But there does need to be a purging of the FBS. Too many teams.

This is no different than our home/home with Penn State or the Kick off Classic games we play.

Hunterhog

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 1, 2009
Little Rock, AR
If I was an Arkansas fan, I'd rather see the hogs renew their series with the longhorns and play every yr as a permanent OOC opponent instead of a h/h with the red raiders.
UT still owes us a home game to complete the home-and-home series we started with them in 2008, but they've been dodging it for 5 years. Last I saw from the athletic department scheduling, they'd pushed it back to roughly 2020.

I like playing them, and we've played them several times over the last dozen or so years -- 2000 Cotton Bowl, 2003, 2004, and 2008 -- and it'd be good to get them back on the schedule with some semblance of regularity.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Good move for Arkansas. They are playing against a decent opponent, yet one they should beat pretty handily, and at the same time they will be in one of their biggest recruiting hotbeds. It'll be interesting to see where Bielema has them in 2-3 years.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Good move for Arkansas. They are playing against a decent opponent, yet one they should beat pretty handily, and at the same time they will be in one of their biggest recruiting hotbeds. It'll be interesting to see where Bielema has them in 2-3 years.
Lubbock is no recruiting hotbed. Most Arkansans would rather play SMU, even Baylor. We do also have a home and home with TCU after this home and home.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.