OSU President Gordon Gee Makes Some Not Very Nice Comments, to retire 7/1/13

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State's president told a university committee in December that Notre Dame wasn't invited to join the Big Ten because they're not good partners, and joked that Catholics can't be trusted.

The recording of Gordon Gee speaking to Ohio State's Athletic Council also captures him saying the Notre Dame priests who run the university are holy on Sunday and "holy hell" the rest of the week.

Gee spoke about conference expansion in the recording obtained by The Associated Press. He says Notre Dame "wanted to have its cake and eat it, too."

Gee, who has a history of verbal gaffes, also questioned the academic integrity of schools in the Southeastern Conference and the University of Louisville. He said Big Ten presidents would never agree to admit Louisville or Kentucky.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: OSU President Gordon Gee Makes Some Not Very Nice Comments

yet the people at that school can't understand why they're viewed as arrogant and condescending...go figure. what a bunch of phonies.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

First and foremost, this guy is an arrogant jerk. OlieO State received a mere slap on the wrist for the infractions that occurred there while tressel was in charge. The cover up alone by the staff there warranted serious penalties and we see what happened. The state of ohio is drying up and dying and I will expect the same for the state school. I hope we get them in the BCS game because this time I don’t think Saban will call off the dogs.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Academic arrogance personified----Gordon Gee.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006

He also takes a swipe at the SEC

"You tell the SEC when they can learn to read and write, then they can figure out what we're doing," Gee said, when asked by a questioner how to respond to SEC fans who say the Big Ten can't count because it now has 14 members.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

In the times we live in why are so many people putting their livlihoods in jeopardy. It seems every person on earth has a recording device (audio and video) and anybody should be aware that anything they say or do will come back to bite them on the bottom. And this does not include the many idiots "hanging" themselves using social media.

keystnlabs

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2013

Wow, maybe Tressel ought to fire him-now. Roll Tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yes, he is arrogant, but OSU sanctioned him for this before it became public. He is too successful a fund raiser for us to cut him loose, but he needs to be contained. The older he gets, the more he seems to lose his "filter".

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

Yes, he is arrogant, but OSU sanctioned him for this before it became public. He knows of too many skeletons in the closet for us to cut him loose, but he needs to be contained. The more he skates, the deeper he seems to insert his foot.
FIFY

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

i normally don't get too riled up about this kind of stuff, but knowing his track record and the relative impunity he enjoys in his home state, i think the presidents of all the SEC schools as well as the SEC commissioner and the president of ND should demand a formal apology from this windbag...make a big public stink about this, call him out and make him an example.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Yes, he is arrogant, but OSU sanctioned him for this before it became public. He is too successful a fund raiser for us to cut him loose, but he needs to be contained. The older he gets, the more he seems to lose his "filter".
I think it would take a fool not to see the need for a twelve-step program here. Until he's sober, he'll keep coming up with this crap. The alternative to a substance abuse is onstart of dementia. Neither is a pretty picture, no matter how much money he's raised in the past. UA has had some great presidents. We've also had some academic snobs. The latter always end up hurting the institution (including the athletic programs)...

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

I think his little bow tie is twisted a little too tight! Its cutting off the circulation to that fat head of his!

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I think his little bow tie is twisted a little too tight! Its cutting off the circulation to that fat head of his!
The bow tie should be a direct giveaway that the guy is an arrogant, elitist buffoon.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

The bow tie should be a direct giveaway that the guy is an arrogant, elitist buffoon.
don't know about anywhere else, but if you walk into a southern virginia courtroom in the summer, it's almost laughable the number of attorneys you'll see wearing a bow tie, seersucker suit, and saddle shoes...it's utterly ridiculous. makes you expect to see boss hogg take the bench and bufford pusser as the bailiff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.