OL Viane Talamaivao Decommits from Alabama, Commits to USC

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Re: *** 2014 4-Star OL Viane Talamaivao Commits to Alabama***

Ohhhhh yaaaaaa! I cannot wait to see what Viane can do after some time with Coach Cochran! This guy is MEANN. I wonder if you guys are salivating at the mouth like I am thinking about the monster gaps Talaman is gonna open up.
Can you believe how nasty this line could oneday become...add JSims, GHill and BBoseman. All theses kids play with and incredible dislike for the team in a different colored jersey.

I like it...Roll Tide!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Great to see UA recruiting the California area successful and hope the trend continues with Mama and Luatua. Great pickup for UA and interesting the hear that he could be the center of the class. Looks like a perfect Guard.
It would be great to get Mama and Luatua also. Welcome Viane and get ready to win championships. Our national recruiting has never been stronger (when he commits without even seeing the campus you know you are doing it right).

I'm going to call him Sunbeam since he is a pancake machine. I watched the first 4 1/2 minutes of his video and they were all pancakes. I like this guy a lot.

Last edited:

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Talamaivao, Mama, and Luatua - The Polynesian Posse?

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012

He committed without visiting Tuscaloosa? Our program is building quite a reputation!

Welcome, VT. RTR!

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla

If his High School team plays an odd front on Defense it would be hard not to play him at Nose Tackle with his size, quickness, and the mean streak he shows. I could easily see him becoming an All-SEC Center.

Welcome to :BigA:
Viane! Roll Tide Roll!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He is obviously well coached..He sure has great technique..That comes from really good coaching..Props to his OLine Coach at that high school...

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Like the fact once he latches on to a block he doesn't turn loose till the whistle blows. Great pickup, he contributes right away in my opinion

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I remember when Warmack gave his verbal/signed his letter that BamaRich called him a "road grader." That worked out pretty good!

I'm liking that VT is being compared to him!!!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Crushes people. Great toughness. Finishes blocks. Leaves them dominated. Great pick up. Roll Tide Viane!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I remember when Warmack gave his verbal/signed his letter that BamaRich called him a "road grader." That worked out pretty good!

I'm liking that VT is being compared to him!!!
Earle will correct you as he did with me that this is "road grater".

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL

Just from watching his highlights, you can see the power this young man has. The only criticism I have is that he seems to lose his footing a lot, doesn't he? It looks like it's on purpose some of the time so he can belly flop on his victim. Other times it looks like he just kind of rolls forward and loses his balance. I'd prefer it if he maintained better body control, even if it meant fewer dramatic take downs.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Earle will correct you as he did with me that this is "road grater".
Other way around actually, I remember the correction by Earle you were talking about. road grader is correct.

I only remember it because I had no idea at the time either.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Just from watching his highlights, you can see the power this young man has. The only criticism I have is that he seems to lose his footing a lot, doesn't he? It looks like it's on purpose some of the time so he can belly flop on his victim. Other times it looks like he just kind of rolls forward and loses his balance. I'd prefer it if he maintained better body control, even if it meant fewer dramatic take downs.
I like I like! Kid is a beast, not sure I see him losing his footing though. All I see is him running over folks. His footwork looks pretty dang good.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Other way around actually, I remember the correction by Earle you were talking about. road grader is correct.

I only remember it because I had no idea at the time either.

It should be road grader because "grade" refers to slope. That's why you "grade" dirt roads to eliminate the ruts, etc, which is pretty much what Warmack did for us. Looking at the video, I was amazed by the punch this guy has when he plows into defenders. Hopefully working with Coach Cochran will turn him into a beast like Warmack.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.