OL Viane Talamaivao Decommits from Alabama, Commits to USC

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: *** 2014 4-Star OL Viane Talamaivao Commits to Alabama***

Roll Tide!! This guy does seem to have a mean streak and gets a kick out of pancaking opposing DL. I wonder if this will help us land Tyler Luatua at all? Either way, I really like him. Reminds me of Austin Shepherd's HS film.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

It should be road grader because "grade" refers to slope. That's why you "grade" dirt roads to eliminate the ruts, etc, which is pretty much what Warmack did for us. Looking at the video, I was amazed by the punch this guy has when he plows into defenders. Hopefully working with Coach Cochran will turn him into a beast like Warmack.
That is correct.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

So this one time...we were talking about an OL commit, and a grammar debate broke out. Great times!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I couldn't figure out if the video was Viane or a bulldozer with a rocket engine. My goodness. Give me five like that across the front every year and I'll be happy! sip

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

I couldn't figure out if the video was Viane or a bulldozer with a rocket engine. My goodness. Give me five like that across the front every year and I'll be happy! sip
I would love to have 5 like him just to see how Verne handles saying that name a hundred times per Bama game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The boss man is wrong about that IMO. He was thinking of cheese grater!
How did that get started? I was saying that "grater" is wrong. Road graders are similar to front end loaders that are used to grade non-paved roads...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

How did that get started? I was saying that "grater" is wrong. Road graders are similar to front end loaders that are used to grade non-paved roads...
This was my fault Earle. I mis-quoted you after you had corrected me on the proper spelling of the word on a different thread. I was wrong both times - LOL! Sorry.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

yep; Another term I always love seeing is "pre-madonna." I'm not sure where it got started, but it's always fun to see it on a board. I try not to be the grammar police, but some stuff is just too funny. The message boards on BOL are littered with these types of "inaccuracies."

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

yep; Another term I always love seeing is "pre-madonna." I'm not sure where it got started, but it's always fun to see it on a board. I try not to be the grammar police, but some stuff is just too funny. The message boards on BOL are littered with these types of "inaccuracies."
Since she was mostly big in the 80s, most of these kids would be post-madonnas, I think

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Since she was mostly big in the 80s, most of these kids would be post-madonnas, I think
Unless the expression is meant to describe the time before Madonna is considered great...in which case we are still waiting, so it'd still be pre-madonna. :)

Drifter

3rd Team
Mar 10, 2010

@AndrewJBone: The loss of Talamaivao will drop #Alabama to the No.1 recruiting class in the country.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

See ya later, bud. Alabama football isn't meant for everyone.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Unfortunate, but this had been mentioned before. It's perhaps why we've continued to recruit other linemen

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Unfortunate, but this had been mentioned before. It's perhaps why we've continued to recruit other linemen
Yep. Bone had mentioned for months there was a decent possibility of VT staying closer to home. Can't blame the kid for wanting to stay close to family.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN

I just never thought we would end up with any of the big Polynesian So. Cal offensive linemen. Those guys are staying home. I don't blame them one bit. I think the Polynesian guys have a very strong culture and the Samoan community is large in So. Cal and they basically want to stay home. I even think a couple of those players committed to Bama without even stepping one foot on campus or ever being in the South period. Not trying to be a downer just stating the way I see it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.