OL Viane Talamaivao Decommits from Alabama, Commits to USC

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: New 2014 commit

Kid just committed. Chalk this one up to Cristobal & Brown (the new-comers). Solid player. Has played both guard and tackle. Had offers from USC, FSU, Miami, Ole Miss, Washington and about 12 others besides Bama.

Bone says (via Twitter) that he actually committed last Friday, and just broke the news today.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: *** 2014 4-Star OL Viane Talamaivao Commits to Alabama***

Very...very...very impressive film. My favorite tape on film is watching Jim Taylor pull around the right end for the Packers in the Super Bowl in the 60s. Most fans get up out of their seats for a big hit. Or a long run. or a long pass...But me? Nothing gets me amped like seeing a big man get to the second & third levels to punish defenders or taking his man and driving him into the bleachers. This kid is a bully on the interior of the o-line. Can't wait til he gets here.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Seems to be mixed stories as to if its true but some reputable sources going with it. Roll tide if true

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Ohhhhh yaaaaaa! I cannot wait to see what Viane can do after some time with Coach Cochran! This guy is MEANN. I wonder if you guys are salivating at the mouth like I am thinking about the monster gaps Talaman is gonna open up.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

His video certainly suggests that he can play in space which is invariably what does in a lot of promising HS linemen when they get to college - they simply cant stay in front of faster DLs.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Vee-ah-neh. Ta-la-ma-ee-vah-o.

Not the most impressive looking physically but he is quick for a lineman and knows how the game is played and can destroy people

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Not the most impressive looking physically but he is quick for a lineman and knows how the game is played and can destroy people
Thanks for the pronunciation help. The awsomeness of Tidefans . . Rolling like Saban editions of the Crimson Tide. :)

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

He seems to move well for his size. Nice pickup and good to see us at least putting a small dent in USC's recruiting efforts.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Might want to send that to Verne, cause I have no idea what he would do with this name.

Roll Tide Viane gladto have you.

Sidenote, their offensive line has wider splits than anything I have ever seen.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Tidbits on VT. He verbally committed without ever visiting Tuscaloosa. Dominated the Los Angeles Nike Camp. He has been wanting to play in the SEC for awhile. Best friends with Damian Mama. Insiders say he is very much like Chance Warmack, if so look out!!!

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

Tidbits on VT. He verbally committed without ever visiting Tuscaloosa. Dominated the Los Angeles Nike Camp. He has been wanting to play in the SEC for awhile. Best friends with Damian Mama. Insiders say he is very much like Chance Warmack, if so look out!!!
Mama has also plans to visit Tuscaloosa

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

Great to see UA recruiting the California area successful and hope the trend continues with Mama and Luatua. Great pickup for UA and interesting the hear that he could be the center of the class. Looks like a perfect Guard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.